• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

English voices are more realistic than native

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
If you speak English and don't speak German or Russian, that is.

I don't know if you noticed, but while your teammates speak English, the enemy chatter you hear is spoken in actual German or Russian (as the case may be).

What this does is simulate your soldier man understanding your team's native language while not understanding the enemy's language.

From a certain point of view, that is more realistic than your fellow countryman yelling "Мне нужна боеприпасов!" and you not knowing WTF he's on about, when you're supposed to be a Russian soldat who is obviously fluent in Russian.

If they ever add the menu option to switch to native languages, I will not use it.

Last edited:
I don't know if you noticed, but while your teammates speak English, the enemy chatter you hear is spoken in actual German or Russian (as the case may be).
I could swear that's not the case, I wanted the original languages as I thought it's easier to distinguish between German and Russian rather than German-accent English and Russian-accent English...

Upvote 0
i find the game now to be way more "live". it's a very good addition to the atmosphere that the soldiers automatically yell "grenade!" or "he's dead!" and stuff like that. me, being a german, don't find it too distracting to hear them talking english sometimes, since you can tell by the accent who's german or russian.
still i will turn on the native languages if the devs decide to put them ingame. makes the game even more atmospheric ;)

Upvote 0
If you speak English and don't speak German or Russian, that is.

What this does is simulate your soldier man understanding your team's native language while not understanding the enemy's language.

From a certain point of view, that is more realistic than your fellow countryman yelling "Мне нужна боеприпасов!" and you not knowing WTF he's on about, when you're supposed to be a Russian soldat who is obviously fluent in Russian.

If they ever add the menu option to switch to native languages, I will not use it.
"Мне нужно боеприпасов!", btw))

Upvote 0
I liked different languages in COD UO...and I don't mind English in RO2.

Can't please everyone

It's a freakin game, it's not suppose to be realistic. Realistic wouldn't be fun.

Here is your realistic. Wake up, brush your teeth, kiss your wife/kids good bye, prey, go to the bathroom, go to front line, get shot...game over.

You see?

Last edited:
Reactions: ERK
Upvote 0
There was supposed to be an option.

I want german and russian. It is not realistic to have german soldiers speaking english. It makes the game more accessible if they do though.

If you want them in English, fantastic go for it I don't care. But why didn't they implement the option for them to speak their actual language?

As I said before, the only thing that is remotely useful is hearing someone yell grenade. 95% of the talking in game is pointless. After a few rounds you would learn the russian and german words for grenade. So to say it's important to understand what your teammates are saying isn't really true at all.

Upvote 0