• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

May have been asked before, but will there be up-armored versions of the existing tanks?

Two tanks is pretty measly (understandably given the detail), but I can't imagine it'd be too much work to make a few variations that have applique armor or welded homogeneous plating.

Because of the enormous amount of work on the interior, the tractors will rise in number after launch.
Don't know about other versions of the same tank...

Upvote 0
Why have they added the ability to customize your weapons with scopes, bayonettes etc. and weapons from the opposite side? I dont wanna see a german soldier running around with a mosin-nagat this isnt ****ing cod! :(

And what is stopping a German from picking up a mosin-nagat from a dead Russian soldier? I highly doubt you will see many players using other team's weapons by default.

If I'm playing Danzig as a Russian Rifleman and get into CC or Langer, I'm gonna drop my gun and pick up a dang German SMG.

Maps in RO require you to use different weapons at different parts of the map. Its not like your just going to spawn with one gun and use it forever. At least that's not how I play.

Upvote 0
Why have they added the ability to customize your weapons with scopes, bayonettes etc. and weapons from the opposite side? I dont wanna see a german soldier running around with a mosin-nagat this isnt ****ing cod! :(

stkampf0507mi.jpg

Upvote 0
Probably pedantic or nitpicky, but I saw in the '10 gameplay preview that there was a FoV increase whenever you sprinted. Is that still in? Cause it annoys the hell outta me :C

Not sure what gameplay video you're referring to here, but my bet is what you're seeing is the opposite effect: As the demoer sprints, he goes out of FOV zoom mode (that would be used for precise aiming or focusing on distant objects).

I'm sure Tripwire haven't mentioned that as a feature at any point, though.

Upvote 0

The Germans used Russian weapons extensively. It's not at all unusual to see photographs of German soldiers with a 91/30.

Unless they give you the option to add an "aperture sight," you can rest reasonably assured that this will not be CoD.

Upvote 0
I don't know how historically accurate Shtrafbat is (russian WWII mini-series) but soviets used mp40s in it. Reliability and effectivness might not be the only reason to use an enemy gun. It could be used to make the enemy think you're a friendly when they can't see you.

aa.jpg

AFAIK they're soviets and the guy on left is holding an mp40.

Upvote 0
I don't know how historically accurate Shtrafbat is (russian WWII mini-series) but soviets used mp40s in it. Reliability and effectivness might not be the only reason to use an enemy gun. It could be used to make the enemy think you're a friendly when they can't see you.

Historically this mini series is crap,but soviet soldier did use mp 40. Mainly due to its lower weight compared to ppsh and the more easy way to reload mags. Also drum mags should be kept is good technical condition,which is not possible in the field. Plus each ppsh was equipped in the factory with unique drums which may not be suitable for another gun. It is confirmed by a lot of veterans interviews.

Upvote 0
Add the PzB 41 to the german AT weapon, it's seen in the weapon list in the GDC '11 2nd part video

that the crappy at weapon that couldn't penetrate anything? I believe that was confirmed by the devs to be trolling :)

also, a nice quote in the rising storm forums that suggests the teams swap spawns in countdown (ie germans defend and then attack next round), isntead of swapping sides (ie russians swapping to the germans when they defend):

wrt japanese terrain balance vs weapon balance said:
I think you may have skipped over the posts where we discussed how RO2's countdown mode would be implemented. terrain and entrenchment advantage count for little if you have to swap sides.

Upvote 0