• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti-Achievements

Vaecrius

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Burnaby, BC
members.shaw.ca
Gormless Tosser: Die 5 times where you drop the syringe while you have a Tier 3 weapon.

You prat!: Keep your voice chat activated for more than 20% of the duration of any single wave.

A bloody frog would be more use than you: Get killed mid-jump while grabbed by a clot.

Don't Be A Menace: Hit the "I need some money" voicebind three times in a single trader session.

Wayne Rooney's smarter than you!: Kill any zed that can't move faster than a player, which happens to be the last zed in the wave, while any player is more than 100m from the trader.

Need to borrow my specs, mate? (1): Enrage a fleshpound with a pistol 10 times.

Need to borrow my specs mate? (2): Kill yourself with the LAW by hitting a stalker at close range.

Need to borrow my specs mate? (3): Hit 3 teammates with any sharpshooter weapon in one wave.

You can join in any time: Die while in a possession of a tier 3 weapon without killing anything or healing anyone.

Who do you think you are? Bleedin' action man?: In any long game, die 3 times while in possession of a tier 3 weapon that you just bought.

Do I have to kill every zombie myself?: Be the last survivor for two waves straight in a single game (even if you're wiped out in the second of those waves).

My granny shoots better than you!: As sharpshooter, run completely out of ammo on any wave except the wave in which you start.

The pictures should be suitably insulting.

Last edited:
Nob off you idiot! : Express your feeling against new players by playing with the same Lvl 6 perk an entire round
No Dosh 4 U : Don't give even 1 pound to a player Lvl 0-4 in a single round
This is like Croydon on a friday night! : Join a normal difficulty game while having 4 or more perks on Level 6
Any time , no rush , help! : Watch how a teammate dies by the hands of a Fleshpound on any difficulty
No chance pal : Insult a player 6 times in a single trader session
******s! : Be the last man standing on your team while all the rest has been crushed by a single Fleshpound

:troll:

Upvote 0
trollvr.jpg

/thread

Upvote 0
I'm ok with seeing anti-achievements but they shouldn't ever discourage teamplay like not giving money or watching your friends die from the FP.

Some of these are ok though, like Need to Borrow My Specs, mate (2+3) and the other acheivements that point out "epic failure." I'd love to see these in-game and I don't think they will cause problems. In fact, I think they should appear as locked/secret acheivements that only reveal when you fail as epicly as the achievement describes.

Upvote 0
Stand still, i'm trying to heal you: Heal yourself 10 times in a long game when a Medic is trying to heal you.
I thought of that, but it'd be really hard for the game to tell if the medic is actually trying to heal you or is just on their way to heal someone else, or is just standing there going DERP for whatever reason. EDIT: And there are entirely legit reasons to heal yourself right in front of the medic - you're still taking damage and could die, or the medic just healed someone else, or the medic is down to single-digit HP and you can only assume they've just hit self-heal in panic, or the medic is known to lag or get the precache-freeze at bad times.

In fact, I think they should appear as locked/secret acheivements that only reveal when you fail as epicly as the achievement describes.
This.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good idea with the hidden achievements, I believe that these would be cool to show your friends how badly a game went or something like that. maybe there could be some abolutely friggin ridiculous ones like

No chance: Die while being held by a clot and having a Siren scream at you and having a Bloat chuck up on you and a husk shooting you.

That would be interesting...

Upvote 0
I thought of that, but it'd be really hard for the game to tell if the medic is actually trying to heal you or is just on their way to heal someone else, or is just standing there going DERP for whatever reason. EDIT: And there are entirely legit reasons to heal yourself right in front of the medic - you're still taking damage and could die, or the medic just healed someone else, or the medic is down to single-digit HP and you can only assume they've just hit self-heal in panic, or the medic is known to lag or get the precache-freeze at bad times.

Moments when it's life-or-death i'm happy to see them heal themselves.

It's when they're running away from me, with me in tow, while hitting "MEDIC!" while not bothering to check if i'm running behind them or not,

Or when they're right in front of me, it's perfectly safe not to heal, and the see me, and then they self heal when it's only for 20hp.

This sh:troll:ts me up the wall.

Or when another player heals someone for negligable hp when i'm waiting to heal that person.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that players would strive to avoid anti-achievments, not the other way round.

... "ACHIEVEMENTS"... meaning people want them to extend their E-peen.
this would surely not work out well.

unless of course the only way to get them is if another player accomplishes it.

giant text on screen:

"(player 1) met the requirements for the anti-achievement (insert 1), everyone besides him has unlocked it."

chat:
player 2: heh.. humiliation.
player 3: sucker!!
player 2: lets make fun of him.
player 4: 0MFG N@WB !!! get skillz~ like my l3wt p0wnz0rgs
player 1: *RAGE QUIT*

Reactions: Vaecrius and sverek
Upvote 0
... "ACHIEVEMENTS"... meaning people want them to extend their E-peen.

Wrong. Horribly wrong. Achievements are to encourage people play specific way. If there lots of team-play achievements, people will do best for team-play to get them. If there trolling achievements, people will do best to play that way.

Achievements are encouraging different game-plays. Even if troll achievement will be hidden, people that got it, will post it on forums and leak info on how to get it. So people will intentionally do BAD things toward team just to get it.

Upvote 0
Achievements are encouraging different game-plays. Even if troll achievement will be hidden, people that got it, will post it on forums and leak info on how to get it. So people will intentionally do BAD things toward team just to get it.

Trolling acheivements shouldn't be around, but "epic fail" ones should. I played an Xbox 360 game once and I got an acheivement for dying on easy mode. Before I got that acheivement, it was described as "secret".

Upvote 0