• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-Combat Planning Phase?

If it could be done in a good way I would think it is a good idea. People with slow computers have to wait for some time already to play after mapchange, so why cannot people with good comps do that too ^^. Where to put MG, Sniper, Tanks ,Smoke etc positions might be more specifically interesting than Squad 1, 2 positions though.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
This has been brought up numerous times and I, like allways, whole heartily agree.

"Battle plan"-feature should be in at least in online campaign mode, since there the planning does really matter. How else can platoon leader and squad leaders coordinate the combat?

And anyways, it would increase immersion and it would have positive effect on team-play. At least I hope so.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
I would love this idea, much better than all troops just hording the map, going in complete opposite directions or worse, rambo style on there own.

I would personally just like a map to appear on screen at the very begining of the game whereby the Squad leader, Commander or Hero can place small images of say an MG for machine gunners, Rifle for rifleman, Sub machine gun for sub machine gunners and a tank icon for tanks. The map will stay on screen for 30 seconds and only the Squad leaders can add these images. The map will continue to get update until 30 seconds is up and then the game will begin.

I think it would also be good, say for example you chose to field inside a tank, the tank icon the squad leader places on the map will glow indicating this is where you need to go. Similarily Rifle icons will glow for riflemen.

A Squad indicator i.e A for A Squad, B for B Squad can also be placed and will glow respectively if you are in a squad.

What do you guys think?

Sturm

Upvote 0
There should be A.I. crew servicing the tripod MG. If the enemy completely flanks your gun emplacement, you can set a new waypoint on the map and the two A.I. crewmen will take the gun apart and carry it there.

Also selecting spawn location for tripod MG should only be possible within an area controlled by friendly forces.

Upvote 0