• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What performance issues? What are you guys b*tching about?

MantrAveda

Sep 14, 2011
I hear a lot of talk about how everyone who has a "modern" PC can't play the game...

I just upgraded my PC specs from a 5 year old build, and I can't see what you guys are talking about, i.e. the game runs PERFECT for me.

My 5 year old specs were:

AMD Gigabyte M57SLI-G4 mobo
4GB DDR 800 RAM
300GB 7200 RPM HDD
AMD Athlon X2 3.0GHZ Dual Core Processor
GeForce GTX 260 Graphics Card
(keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc. not included)

I ran the game on Medium to Low settings at a FPS of around 25-30.

I just overhauled my computer and started from scratch. This is my first Intel build, and I decided to try to limit the amount of bottleneck as much as possible. My new specs include:

Intel ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL Fatal1ty Mobo
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.6GHZ Quad Core Processor
Crucial M4 64GB SSD (for OS)
300GB 10,000RPM HDD
EVGA Geforce GTX 570
4GB DDR3 1600 RAM

I believe this should be considered a mid range overhaul for what is currently out there. Therefore, I believe those with performance issues have a bottleneck somewhere, or their hardware isn't compatible <-- that is just my opinion

Now I play the game, and many others I might add, at over 50 FPS on the highest details that I can possibly go.

I don't understand what you guys are doing wrong, is it too much pr0n sites?

I hear a lot of talk about how everyone who has a "modern" PC can't play the game...

I just upgraded my PC specs from a 5 year old build, and I can't see what you guys are talking about, i.e. the game runs PERFECT for me.

My 5 year old specs were:

AMD Gigabyte M57SLI-G4 mobo
4GB DDR 800 RAM
300GB 7200 RPM HDD
AMD Athlon X2 3.0GHZ Dual Core Processor
GeForce GTX 260 Graphics Card

I ran the game on Medium to Low settings at a FPS of around 25-30.

I just overhauled my computer and started from scratch. This is my first Intel build, and I decided to try to limit the amount of bottleneck as much as possible. My new specs include:

Intel ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL Fatal1ty Mobo
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.6GHZ Quad Core Processor
Crucial M4 64GB SSD (for OS)
300GB 10,000RPM HDD
EVGA Geforce GTX 570
4GB DDR3 1600 RAM

I believe this should be considered a mid range overhaul for what is currently out there. Therefore, I believe those with performance issues have a bottleneck somewhere, or their hardware isn't compatible <-- that is just my opinion

Now I play the game, and many others I might add, at over 50 FPS on the highest details that I can possibly go.

now close this thread :)

Upvote 0
Therefore, I believe those with performance issues have a bottleneck somewhere, or their hardware isn't compatible <-- that is just my opinion

In my opinion gravity doesn't exist and the sky is purple. It's just my opinion you can't argue against it!

I'm sorry but it's still retarded, as is your logic.

Reactions: rta
Upvote 0
Like the OP, my computer runs it perfect as well.. I just wish it did for everyone else so they would shut the hell up about it.

Friggin noobs quit trying to run RO2 on ultra with your toaster.

It was never the problem of running it on ultra, the problem is people with a bit weaker rigs can't run it on lower settings. You can't tell me that a game with minimum specs stated by the developer can not run smoothly on lower details. The fps is pretty much allways the same, no matter what you do with your settings (for most people).

I think we really had about enough of these performance threads...

Upvote 0
Like the OP, my computer runs it perfect as well.. I just wish it did for everyone else so they would shut the hell up about it.

Friggin noobs quit trying to run RO2 on ultra with your toaster.

I dont know if you're trolling, or are too stupid to have actually read the performance criticisms, but there are people complaining about RO2s performance who have incredible systems that still can't handle it. There are also others with mid range systems who have absolutely no performance issues. So grow up and stop the "Your PC just sucks" comments, because it's obvious that that is not a problem as simple as people not having machines powerful enough, and jsut because you have no problems, does not mean there may be an underlying issue with performance.

Upvote 0
What a stupid thread.

Also, there is no way to just say "I get this FPS". It fluctuates wildly depending on how many players are in the game, what area of the map you're in, how much combat is going on, artillery, etc.

I have an i5 750 @ 3.2 GHz, 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz and a GTX 570, but the performance is definitely a lot lower that it should be, it's in the 30s and 40s far too often. That's not even on max settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0