• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

Just an important note about the resistance: It's not only HEADshot resistance, but general resistance to the bullet (meaning both against head- and bodyshots). Otherwise you would deal "more" damage to the body since you only have a 1.1 hs-multiplier on the weapon. (0.75*1.1 = 0.825, which is less than 1, and that would be a problem comparing it to a bodyshot dealing x1 damage on the body. Thus requiring the resistance on both head and body :))

(The reason why a high headshot resistance works on the Xbow is because it has the 4x hs-multiplier which "compensates" the headshot resistance to not deal less direct damage on a head than to the body. (4*0.35 = 1.4, which is higher than 1, so no problem there))

And I agreed that, with the weight, low ammo amount, high weapon+ammo cost, it seems balanced as a 1 headshot killer of all enemies (cept the Patriarch ofc) for the Sharpie.

Upvote 0
This pleases me and this starfish

476059-ecstatic-child-lying-on-the-beach-holding-a-starfish-to-face.jpg

:)

I'm liking the second version of the crosshairs :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Add the default shotguns wierd recoil thingy with a little extra (it makes you hop backwards a bit :p), so players are forced to take a few steps back everytime they shoot while stationary, and become stunned and damage self if shot on the move.

That would be fun. Each time you shoot you have time to reflect about your bad decisions you have made so far. Such as bringing a M99 to a Zombie Apocalpyse where you have to keep runing to survive.

Also how many zeds does it penerate? It should be moar then xbow. Hell it should only count Bloats, Husks and Fleshpounds (and maybe scrakes) to decrease peneration and should go freely through the rest :p

Reactions: masteriamamind
Upvote 0
Code:
var() vector KickMomentum;

function DoFireEffect()
{
    local Vector StartTrace;
    local Rotator R, Aim;
    Instigator.MakeNoise(1.0);
    // the to-hit trace always starts right in front of the eye
    StartTrace = Instigator.Location + Instigator.EyePosition();
    Aim = AdjustAim(StartTrace, AimError);
 R = rotator(vector(Aim) + VRand()*FRand()*Spread);
    DoTrace(StartTrace, R);

if (Instigator != none && Instigator.Physics != PHYS_Falling)
  Instigator.AddVelocity(KickMomentum >> Instigator.GetViewRotation());
}

defaultproperties
{
     KickMomentum=(X=-85.000000,Z=15.000000)
}

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
Oh good idea!
How would things look if the FP would barely take 2 headshots on Suicidal 1 man? :rolleyes:

If i did that the M99 would require 3 headshots to decap/kill already on just 5 or 6-man Suicidal :(

Sorry, it can't be done. If you want the M99 to 2-headshot on high-number-player Suicidal and HoE, it HAS to one-headshot it on Solo / Duo Suicidal and Hell on Earth :eek:

Upvote 0
thanks

thanks

Yep in some days. Maybe tomorrow.

When it's released you can check that out. Unfortunately it's not that easy to make everything compatible... However you also can use use Braindead's mutator to add it to the trader.

thanks for your answer.

but...it just 5 minute for test compatibility need (WTF)
server's many people have an absolutely question
(Server IP : 119.196.243.71)
for those five minutes you have time?

Upvote 0
thanks for your answer.

but...it just 5 minute for test compatibility need (WTF)
server's many people have an absolutely question
(Server IP : 119.196.243.71)
for those five minutes you have time?
Sorry I don't really know hat you mean by that 5 minutes and server stuff.. please try to rewrite it.
BTW the release will be in some minutes.:)

Reactions: The_Sorrow
Upvote 0