• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

let's not get carried away

More like you need to get a grip of yourself and stop spamming other games' forums with your fundamental fanboy attitude that results exactly in people starting to think like the thread creator.

I got a good grip of my own self and more,question is are you stalking me where I post???? for real?,maeby you need to get your life in order and get some action in it.

read the OP thread,he said he dont think that RO2 will be the game for him to play for the next 5 years because "he played ROOST previosly" not because someone posted something on the website.

Yea I posted on EA forums how much I'm excited about this game,you got problem with that?

Upvote 0
Actually, no. Most people wanted a direct Ostfront port to UE3 before the game was announced. But I didn't, I wanted the game to evolve and sure it did. I feel satisfied with the amount of announced features.

I can't think of anything else they could add to this game.

Fully modeled tank interiors with detailed damage system.
3D scopes with ironsight option.
Ironsight range adjustment.
Slow death
First person cover system (With bullet penetration included).
Accessible realism.
Realistic damage model.
Ability to call rocket artillery.
Multiplayer campaign.
Maxims.
Single player campaign as a German.
Morale system.
Dynamic music system based on morale.
Perfect copies of real places in Stalingrad.
Deployable MGs that uses the bipod as an axis.
Weapons that collides with walls (treated as 3D objects in the world)

Those are not just improvements over the original games, those are features that no other game has done before.

The list would be much bigger if I counted everything else.

Add all those features, plus the improvements (like the squad system), plus everything that was addictive about Ostfront (It survives to this day without all those features)... And you've got the perfect game here. I don't know what else you would ask of it. Tits?

Tits would be good, but not on Ramm that'd be just weird ;)

Upvote 0
Tits would be good, but not on Ramm that'd be just weird ;)
What we're trying to say is that RO2 IS innovating a ton in the genre IS changing the way you play these kinds of games. The first person cover system alone is pretty revolutionary.

So we just want to know what the hell they could be doing that would be MORE innovative than they are? Apart, of course, from adding lasers, space marines, or rideable wolves, all of which would stray a bit from RO's subject matter.

Reactions: HurlyBurly
Upvote 0
Well, i don't expect to get flamed because the average TWI forum inhabitant is of a superior genus to most of the dimwits you get posting about games generally but i digress...

I know we are all excited, I am too, I really enjoyed ROOST and remember with clarity the first time i played it (the tanks and the gut wrenching, immersive realism) but as the title says, let's not get too carried away.

To borrow a clich

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
Nothing wrong with taking a good game and improving upon it but keeping the core game. This is what RO2 is doing in many aspects. I want a new game, but I still want an RO. If you completely change the game, it won't be RO anymore...

And there are plenty of new changes/features.

\
Also the fact that most mainstream PC previews are positive, which is a good sign, cuz not everyone is into realism games. I don't see myself losing interest in RO2 fast, or at least as fast as with ROOST.

Could be because RO2 is more mainstream. Something to think about.

Upvote 0
I got a good grip of my own self and more,question is are you stalking me where I post???? for real?,maeby you need to get your life in order and get some action in it.

read the OP thread,he said he dont think that RO2 will be the game for him to play for the next 5 years because "he played ROOST previosly" not because someone posted something on the website.

Yea I posted on EA forums how much I'm excited about this game,you got problem with that?
You had 3/4 of the forums against you because of your mindless fanboyism and that gives a bad impression about TWI/the TWI community as a whole, so yes I do have a problem with that. And how exactly am I stalking you? This is the first time I reply to you afaik.

Upvote 0
You had 3/4 of the forums against you because of your mindless fanboyism and that gives a bad impression about TWI/the TWI community as a whole, so yes I do have a problem with that. And how exactly am I stalking you? This is the first time I reply to you afaik.

You dont get it do you,I dont live my life to fullfill others people expectations,certainly not yours or anybodies that I know trough forums.You can call it fanboyisam or whatever,but I call it a passion towards something that I have been waithing for some time,there are other fanboys on other forums talking highly about this game.

Those fanboys brought me to this forums and this game whether you and the rest 3/4 of this forum dont like that...You call it fanboyisam I call it spreading the good word.

Upvote 0
Lets just eas up and wait for the game.
There is no need to discuss who's a fanboi and who is full of passion and who stalks who.

The most important thing is that its a PC GAME. A game with a lot of opportunities and a game where the community can expect updates and support.
There ain't much PC games left in this era of consoles.

There are enough examples of recent games where the pc community
waits for a patch.... Did i mention the latest Medal of Honor :)

Upvote 0
In marketing, even bad attention is better than no attention at all. TWI should be thankful no matter what.

Upvote 0
Just look at the mods coming out for it.. ww1, ww2, vietnam..
The "Problem" I see though is that with Rising Storm being set in the Pacific theatre and In Country in Vietnam, they might play out pretty similar in the end, just with bit different weaponry. Not trying to be negative here, those mods will no doubt be awesome and further enhance the RO2 experience, but more than this I'd like to see something like a Cold-War-Gone-Hot mod with RO gameplay or maybe even future warfare with RO gameplay, just something different in scenario. That's why I'm really looking forward to the WW1 mod.

Upvote 0
Wait a second, I thought you are the guy who has 9/10 people here against him? ;)

Upvote 0