• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt beta 1

Yeah, probably more cover is the way to go. Since Panzerfausts will be spawning on the third floor of the Hotel, it should encourage players to remain there and to thusly be able to engage the enemy tanks from that position. If they do not organize a proper defense, then they deserve to lose the cap. I may add a Panzerfaust spawn on the way to the Hotel as well.

Also, those PaK guns you mention will have a randomized spawn, so only one will spawn each time, instead of two forcing the Soviet players in to a crossfire.

Upvote 0
Finally I got to play this map looks good in game really love the uniforms. I was playing as he russians though and could not make it around the first corner after spawn into the apartments I think you need to break that corner up some. Additionally we had stupid tankers one that wanted to be solo and would not move not sure if you would or could address that I heard there was some code coming to solve that but not sure how far it got.

Upvote 0
You know, after focusing on SU and shelling the living beejesus out of Germans I have to say that I feel sorry for Jerries once there's a good team manning that HE monster. Hell, it was so sad to see Germans shoot - each time someone shot, he betrayed his position. And that was the end of him.

Great fun shelling the buildings behind the bridge, watching the reinforcements counter come closer and closer to zero, as Germans helplessly try to do anything to stop the tanks. Only those HE shells run out so fast, and they it's you who has to run - back to the spawn, for a new SP-Art. piece.

Also, the increase in PaK damage will help greately, since we've taken a hit from the PaK and the SU was only in red, not destroyed.

Upvote 0
You know, after focusing on SU and shelling the living beejesus out of Germans I have to say that I feel sorry for Jerries once there's a good team manning that HE monster. Hell, it was so sad to see Germans shoot - each time someone shot, he betrayed his position. And that was the end of him.

red geysers ftw...

Upvote 0
That zombie bug is turning into a waste of ammo for me, but I'm starting to see through it. Nothing like coming across is the first time and wasting 15 rifle bullets and two grenades trying to kill something that is seen but already dead.
Just download the files from one of EvilHobos links, extract them to the right places then voila... Problem solved for you.

Upvote 0
I was reading some of the posts in the other thread about how people cant cap the first objective, and I must say I've never had that hard of a time with that particular cap. They must be doing something wrong, or the skill of the two teams is drastically different, cause it isnt that hard of a zone to take. It sounds like you've already decided to change it, probably by adding more entry routes... but I just want to say - don't make the map any easier! It shines because of the difficulty. You've got to think outside of the box in order to dig the defenders out, and thats what makes it great!

This style of map is what I think Tripwire should be concentrating on when making new levels. Big combined arms maps. Entire cities. Imagine if Danzig didnt stop at Langer Market.. and had 4-5 more capzones deeper inside a sprawling city. Think about Odessa being more than two boring parallel streets.. 4 more capzones, enterable buildings, elevation dynamics, an operational T-60 turret much like the Panther turret in this map, so on and so forth.

Upvote 0
This style of map is what I think Tripwire should be concentrating on when making new levels. Big combined arms maps. Entire cities. Imagine if Danzig didnt stop at Langer Market.. and had 4-5 more capzones deeper inside a sprawling city. Think about Odessa being more than two boring parallel streets.. 4 more capzones, enterable buildings, elevation dynamics, an operational T-60 turret much like the Panther turret in this map, so on and so forth.
Sounds like pwnage though one has to wonder, shouldn't the player count be increased even more to take full advantage of such gigantic maps?

Upvote 0
I was reading some of the posts in the other thread about how people cant cap the first objective, and I must say I've never had that hard of a time with that particular cap. They must be doing something wrong, or the skill of the two teams is drastically different, cause it isnt that hard of a zone to take. It sounds like you've already decided to change it, probably by adding more entry routes... but I just want to say - don't make the map any easier! It shines because of the difficulty. You've got to think outside of the box in order to dig the defenders out, and thats what makes it great!

My feelings exactly. Although I HAVE been on a team that struggled to cap it AND been on an axis side that held it for a long time.

I gotta believe that when as a russian we couldnt cap it was due to the tankers. They couldnt seem to come up with a better strategy than either drive into the middle of the appartments or try bundle forward to the axis spawn. That same round a tanker slot opened and i nabbed it.. put the t34 down that left road and turned to face the appartments. While the MG man was at least trying to fire on the appartments the commander decided to ignore my requests to hit the windows and the central part (where you can blast out the inside MGs on the 2nd and 3rd floor.) He decided to shoot down the road into the 2nd non active cap zone???

kreig.jpg

Once your infantry gets inside and lives for a second, you can roll on forward to cut their reinforcements from re-entering cap.

Im also not sure some people understand what HE shells can do... they seem reluctant to just slam them into walls and obstacles where you know people are hiding next to or under.

However, if your tankers are halfway competant then they should be killing ALOT of germans here. SO, if you dont cap instantly.. dont panic!!! The axis reinforcements get drained like nobodys buisiness with a good tank crew here.

(appologies to the vets out there - you dont need me telling you what to try. But if your are one of those idiots i played with then please pay attention.)

Upvote 0
Well to address a few issues...

In my experience, against a good team, the first objective is a difficult one to take, but this could mainly be attributed to people being absolute morons. I had to go in and kill 16 (!) Germans before the Allies started to move in. The one part of the building which is blasted open and looks in to the courtyard is where MGers like to set up and will mercilessly mow down infantry, and if your tankers are incompetent, you're screwed (we had the SU76 and T34/85 in the street looking toward the second objective not doing a god damn thing).

What I'm going to be doing with the cap is making it a more brutal fight for the interior. If infantry can get in to it easier, they I am going to make them work harder to take it when they get in. And they simply will be unable to camp in the courtyard now, as the capzone volume has been conformed to the building itself, meaning you have to be in it to cap it (I can't tell you how much I hate caps where people just run in and find a place to sit instead of fighting for it). I'm adding more furniture cover inside for the Axis to utilize and turn several portions of the building interior in to a bit of brutal room-to-room fighting. There is also a minefield volume to prevent the Soviets from pushing in to the square behind the building, so if the Allies want to cut off the Axis reinforcements, they will need to push to the windows overlooking the square. Time to take the objective is also being increased.

Other considerations are now the up-gunned Panzerfausts and PaK Guns. Essentially, if one never struck the ammo box, you would give away your position and be killed immediately. Such now should not be the case, and should make the Axis defense a lot stronger. The PaK will be able to land a one-hit kill on anything it touches, so in order to take it out you will either need to use team tank tactics to overwhelm him or wait for him to expend his 16 AP shots. The Panzerfaust is having its damage upped from 400 to 600, meaning that while it won't be able to kill everything in one hit, the SU76 (with 500 health) needs to be on the lookout. German players who manage to get their 100m+ Panzerfaust shots off deserve the kill, in my opinion. I was even thinking about taking away the smoke trail a la Armored Beasts so as to offer the Germans greater concealment, as once they shoot they give away their position. Would like some thoughts on this since it could drastically change how things are done.

So now at the first cap, driving your tank to the end of the road may not be wholly advisable due to the PaK gun watching the approach, and considerably more lethal anti tank soldiers in hiding. At this point, having an overabundance of Panzerfausts isn't necessary, and should force the Germans to try to get in to the buildings lining the streets and get close to the tanks if they wish to take them out.

So while you can say I'm making it easier for the Allies to enter the first cap, by no means am I looking to make it a walk in the park.

Other gameplay changing crap:

The buildings which line the left side of the Flemingstra

Upvote 0
I'm all for upping PzFst and PaK damage, and I'm all for removing the dead give-away smoke trail from PzFst. Since when people learn this map, with good SU tankers Germans are dead meat once they show their position.

I also completely feel that Germans deserve their 100+ m kills if they manage to aim over such a distance with the Panzerfaust.

Looking forward to fixed & respawning PaK guns on the Moltke bridge, as well as the more intense fights for objectives. Great job!

Upvote 0
I'm all for upping PzFst and PaK damage, and I'm all for removing the dead give-away smoke trail from PzFst. Since when people learn this map, with good SU tankers Germans are dead meat once they show their position.
That's the thing though, you don't always have expert tankers or even infantrymen, which is when you start getting stuck on objectives (not including the last objective because at the moment that's just a bi*ch no matter how good you). You need to balance the map enough and make it 'easy' enough so even a mediocre team has a chance of winning... I mean this is a Berlin map, surely the Soviets should be winning more often than they are?

Upvote 0