• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

change the german cross on the menu please! (not a swastika)

Capt.Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
will the black/white cross fit better than the blue icon?

scoredh.jpg

the black/white cross (balkenkreuz) painted on almost every german vehicle:

170px-Balkenkreuz.svg.png

Yea, just a detail, but I am out of serious suggestions for now. :D Thanx.

Last edited:
the reference picture is a screenshot of a shakycam video taken off a big plasma screen, so i guess the real deal looks a lot different. don't believe that the colours shown are what you would really see. i think the iron cross (not the "balkenkreuz"), which they already use is a good representation.

although it looks a little out of proportion, that's true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yknow its funny how the first thing I notice when I look at that is not necessarily the cross, yet the top text "COMBAT POWER", sounds like something machoman would say... :D

Remember guys that almost everything except the dynamics of the game is still WIP, so dont go overboard ragging on small details as if this was 100% finished product. Personally I wouldent mind a darker metal/rust/wood theme to the games UI, then use medals like an Iron cross or a red star for each team. That is just my personal prefence over the current layout style; but in the end it wont matter very much to me as I will be playing the game instead of admiring the menu's....

Upvote 0
The Iron Cross and the colour blue both evoke the traditions of the Kingdom of Prussia from which the Wehrmacht (excluding the Luftwaffe) drew its pretensions. The only other colours would be black or gray, but blue vs. red is a classic dichotomy and I don't see any reason to change it.

In both German and Soviet war games prior '41, the Germans were always blue.

Upvote 0
The Iron Cross and the colour blue both evoke the traditions of the Kingdom of Prussia from which the Wehrmacht (excluding the Luftwaffe) drew its pretensions. The only other colours would be black or gray, but blue vs. red is a classic dichotomy and I don't see any reason to change it.

In both German and Soviet war games prior '41, the Germans were always blue.

finally somthin i love about the menu i don't know why but i like blue maybe add splash of white. personally the blue is more interesting and has alittle more character tahn just classic black. :D srry but i reallyl like the blue turquoise theme. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
will the black/white cross fit better than the blue icon?

scoredh.jpg

the black/white cross (balkenkreuz) painted on almost every german vehicle:

170px-Balkenkreuz.svg.png

Yea, just a detail, but I am out of serious suggestions for now. :D Thanx.

I totally agree about the Balkenkreuz. It was Red Star vs. Black Cross, not Red vs. Blue. If there will be a way to customize menu icons, I wouldn't mind either...

Upvote 0
I'm sure the designers will be pleased to know that instead of talking about core game features, the community is talking about menu icons. lol

Never underestimate UI's, people won't play a game for long, not even a good one, if dealing with it's frontend is a tedious nightmare. And otherwise promising games have bombed just because of their shoddy UI's.

Not that a single icon makes for a shoddy UI though, this thread is nitpicking for sure..

Upvote 0
One of the often found remarks in both Red Orchestra, and Killing floor, was that the interface and HUD looked "meh".

A lot of the remarks of killing floor feeling like a mod rather than retail game were often referred to small things like the menu and HUD.

So especially when reviewers have been critical of the HUD & Menu in the past I think that discussing opinions is not that weird.

Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0
One of the often found remarks in both Red Orchestra, and Killing floor, was that the interface and HUD looked "meh".

A lot of the remarks of killing floor feeling like a mod rather than retail game were often referred to small things like the menu and HUD.

So especially when reviewers have been critical of the HUD & Menu in the past I think that discussing opinions is not that weird.

Gotta agree there. People may think these things aren't that important but in reality, be it unconscious or not, they are.

Upvote 0