• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German version gore

Will it be the german version dumbed down without gore like RO?

How it will look a gore intensive game without gore? Do we will get some retarded green blood and no limbs removal?

Here we go with this old discussion again :rolleyes: First off, the RO version DOES have most of the gore. It has all the blood and everything. The only thing missing is limb removal, and total obliteration. Everything else is still there.

Regarding KF, we'll push the gore as far as we can and still get the game on the shelves in Germany. Exactly like we did with RO.

Upvote 0
Hi there, just preordered the game and registered here.
I am wondering what i can expect now, as i am one of the poor german guys who only gets cut crap. For L4D i preordered an uncut retail to enjoy the game as it was meant to be. Killing Floor doesnt get a retail version, or atleast not on launch. Will the game still play that fun and sarcastic in germany, or did u bend over to get a rating?
I liked to see it beeing discussed here with the devs/mods. Fingers crossed

Upvote 0
Hmm, thats sad. This means germans can't use this pre-order if they don't want to buy the pig in a poke. :(

I have seen the difference in L4D uncut and cut, and they really sucks! I mean a zombie game without full gore is really lame (By the way: The cuts in RO where ok.).

So please bring a UK uncut retail version out. Maybe you can sell hardcopies of the game on your website ... just for us germans. Would be a nice extra income. :D

Upvote 0
kf is steam-only. okaysoft cant help.

i tried to get kf over an uk proxy server.
but it failed on the billing address...

i bought the german version of l4d.
and this version suck. no blood on the screen,
no ragdolls, no headshots, failing handling with
achievement (pistol only ach. for exapmle),
...and so on.

no more german versions!!

Upvote 0
What if you accidently bring out the german version a day later, so that preorders get the real thing? Think kinda the same happend for L4D preorders. Or a way to play with an uncut mutator thats not server sided, means u can activate it even if the server doesnt have it. Since Steam just gives you no way to easily "patch" the game back to the original version with all the verifying and updating stuff, there isnt much to do for us. Or a little .ini file that doesnt get reset by Steam saying PlayTheGameAsItWasMeantToBe=True. Dont get me wrong, its not always about the gore, but on this game it is! What better hit-feedback can be there then exploding bodies and limbs flying around.

Upvote 0
I thought the German sensors only applied to human gore? Meaning acts of violence on human characters is not allowed.

As stated before, the rules appear to be totally random.

If the game is 18+ no self-censorship is necessary. RO was only self-consored because they wanted it to be 16+. I don't think they can shoot for a 16+ with Killing Floor anyhow, so if they go with 18+ we are likely to see an unaltered German version.

There are many games that are 18+ in germany and still censored.

Gears was never sold in Germany, how can it be indexed?

they can index any game, even if it can only imported.

Afaik the PC version wasn't released, the XBOX one was.

nope

so get it as importet version ( the better game stores do that ) or get it gifted from someone outside of churmany.

that would work, i'd like that to be the normal purchase process for killing floor in germany. WOuld be best, if there wouldnt be a german version at all. We can get the game here anyway, so we'll just have to import a boxed version or ask a friend. Pkease, tripwire, don't team up with these communist censorship suckers!

I think the German laws only have to do with gore/violence so penises are ok. ;)

Although, the shlong will have to be censored in the Japanese version. :p

hm yes, nudity isn't a problem, games with penises etc. are 16+ and that's ok. i mean, waht's the problem? or other question: what's worse? showing a penis or blowing someone's brains off? ;)

Here we go with this old discussion again :rolleyes: First off, the RO version DOES have most of the gore. It has all the blood and everything. The only thing missing is limb removal, and total obliteration. Everything else is still there.

Regarding KF, we'll push the gore as far as we can and still get the game on the shelves in Germany. Exactly like we did with RO.

most of means cut, and cut is bad :( I bought the german version and didn't expect it to be cut and that's why i didnt play it much because I boycut censored games and I have all my other games uncut.

kf is steam-only. okaysoft cant help.

i tried to get kf over an uk proxy server.
but it failed on the billing address...

i bought the german version of l4d.
and this version suck. no blood on the screen,
no ragdolls, no headshots, failing handling with
achievement (pistol only ach. for exapmle),
...and so on.

I heard a bout a friend who made the same mistake and contacted the valve support. just ask valve and they will give you your money back if you send them a retail uncut left 4 dead key within two weeks

What if you accidently bring out the german version a day later, so that preorders get the real thing? Think kinda the same happend for L4D preorders. Or a way to play with an uncut mutator thats not server sided, means u can activate it even if the server doesnt have it. Since Steam just gives you no way to easily "patch" the game back to the original version with all the verifying and updating stuff, there isnt much to do for us. Or a little .ini file that doesnt get reset by Steam saying PlayTheGameAsItWasMeantToBe=True. Dont get me wrong, its not always about the gore, but on this game it is! What better hit-feedback can be there then exploding bodies and limbs flying around.

Please, Tripwire, just do it a s epic did it with UT2004. UT2004 was released cut, but one of the first patches turned it into a full version again. The USK retards won't even notice, because they care only about the game's initial state. At least, they didn't index UT2004 ;)

I'd love to see a full version of killing floor on my steam account. I really loved playing the mod version and I sorta knew that it was going retail even as it wasn't announced yet, because the mod really had a great potential.

anyway, uncut or nothing. you can't make a zombie splatter game without zombies and splatter :(

Upvote 0
There are many games that are 18+ in germany and still censored.
Those have either been released before that rule was in place (in the past games were still censored even if they were 18+!) or the developers censored the game themselves to either try to pass it off as 16+ (but the USK might have decided that it was still too brutal and rated it 18+) or they censored it a little bit themselves even though they were aiming for 18+ to make sure it won't be put on the index.

We can get the game here anyway, so we'll just have to import a boxed version or ask a friend. Pkease, tripwire, don't team up with these communist censorship suckers!
I would laugh if you imported a boxed copy of the game and steam censored it for you because it knows you are in Germany. :p

most of means cut, and cut is bad I bought the german version and didn't expect it to be cut and that's why i didnt play it much because I boycut censored games and I have all my other games uncut.
No offense to you, but all I can say is: Your loss!
RO is awesome and if gore is a concern for you (it's not like it's a zombie splatter game where gore is essential) it should especially appeal to you because it is pretty damn brutal! In fact, apart from games that make gore one of their major selling points, RO is one of the cruelest games there is. Even the German version! The blood splatters look horrific, the characters get bloody and the rag-dolls are second to none.
If no one told you you wouldn't even know it was cut at all.

hm yes, nudity isn't a problem, games with penises etc. are 16+ and that's ok. i mean, waht's the problem? or other question: what's worse? showing a penis or blowing someone's brains off? ;)
Not this again...:rolleyes: This can only trail off into politics so please, people, ignore this, regardless of your standing on this issue.

Upvote 0
No offense to you, but all I can say is: Your loss!
RO is awesome and if gore is a concern for you (it's not like it's a zombie splatter game where gore is essential) it should especially appeal to you because it is pretty damn brutal! .

I don't need unnecessary violence, and I don't like the violence in some games (for example, I don't like the unnecessary killing in Grand Theft Auto IV, where I have to kill ppl that i dont want to kill) but that's not the point. There's an option in RO where every player who owns the full version of the game can disable the extreme gore. But I can't so I have no choice and feel patronized. Yes, in some games There's not enough blood, (BF2) and i'd like to see more, but that's not a censorship issue and I still played BF2.

I would also play RO if the game wouldnt have the gore worldwide, but why cut out a feature that's already in the game? Why discriminate players due to their origin? Why cant everyone have the same version?

censorship is bad, but supporting censorship just to increase sales isnt really better.

--> uncensored version please.

and players who don't like the gore could be able to turn it off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would also play RO if the game wouldnt have the gore worldwide, but why cut out a feature that's already in the game? Why discriminate players due to their origin? Why cant everyone have the same version?

censorship is bad, but supporting censorship just to increase sales isnt really better.
You still dident get it did you......:rolleyes: Its not in Tripwires hands...go and write a "gimme mah splatter back" letter to the Bundestag...

Last edited:
Upvote 0