• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about bolt action rifles

Since I haven't seen anybody whining about coding standards quite yet, I'll take my shot at fame in the RO world by being the first of my kind!

Right below the bTurnIntoFamousFranchise in the ini.

Oh wait, sorry that bool is an RO2 exclusive setting. :)

Really? Hungarian notation? This just killed the game for me. I could manage the imaginative take on history, but here I draw the line. :IS2:

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Will bayonets be detachable like in Ostfront? also, will you still get stripper clips or do you have to reload 1 bullet at a time?

My assumptions are:

- Bayonets were detachable in RO1. I would be very surprised if TWI decided to remove this feature in RO2, especially with weapon collision system, detaching them makes now even more sense.

- Stripper clips when reloading empty magazine, 1 bullet at a time when reloading half empty rifle.

Upvote 0
I would have suggested that stripper-clip vs one-at-a-time would be one of the unlocks, though I don't know which would be the default...

Why would that make any sense whatsoever? Do you think that they only issued you loose bullets until you reached Sergeant or something?

Only time that reloading one at a time would even have a point would be in the case of the sniper rifles, where you physically can't fit a stripper in there.

Upvote 0
Well, reloading one bullet at a time is nice when, for example, you still have 3 bullets left in your rifle and you don't want to expose yourself too much to that pesky enemy sniper holed-up in a building while you wait for the nearby allied reinforcements to close-in, ready to assault the building; you wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of a reload just as they ran towards the entrance, where your fire support might make a noticeable difference.

Or when your squad is waiting by a door which you must go through, but you only have 2 bullets left in your rifle. Popping in 3 individual bullet makes more sense than shooting your two remaining bullets in the air or something, I think.

Then again, I don't know how hard is was to actually deconstruct stripper clips to isolate individual bullets, so my opinion on the subject is merely interpretative of imaginary concepts.

Upvote 0
I can't live without manual bolting! In all other games where it's automatically done I always end up firing an extra round after my first shot because I'm so used to it in RO1. It just feels awesome in RO.

Forgot to bolt for the second time yesterday, jeez that can get you stressed
"hurry up, frigging bolt!!!"

Edit: that's a big pro of RO1 btw:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't live without manual bolting! In all other games where it's automatically done I always end up firing an extra round after my first shot because I'm so used to it in RO1. It just feels awesome in RO.

I have a buddy who's a police officer and since his computer broke down and we can't play RO together, we play COD2 on the xbox. I always pick the bolt-action rifle and I have the same problem. I feel so strange... Yet so powerful! (Aim-assist, crosshairs, etc.) Also been laying down "suppressive fire" in arcadey shooters too. xD

Upvote 0