• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are you releasing before BF3 hits the shelves?.

Vac has been very unworthy of preventing anything in comparison to punkbuster. Unless Vac is updated often it does little to prevent the kiddies.

thats what server bans are for. also pb ive had so many problems with them that i almost hate them as much as gamespy infact i do. i coudn't play call of duty for 6 mounths then one day it randomly started working agian. :mad: bf2 i didn't have a huge problems though. :D

i will be buying both bf3, RO2, Shogun2 :D then im set for a year.

Upvote 0
Game development can go really quick. The president mentioned in a cross-hairs pod cast that killing floor went from untextured buildings to retail in like 3 months.

I'm just very sceptical. TWI have been very reluctant to talk about release dates and I suspect simply because there's still an awful lot to do.

It's nearly April now and we're not even in the 'friends and family' beta according to that video on gametrailers.com, then you have several kinds of closed beta prior to the open beta, which needs to be open for a few months at least to get rid of any last-minute, hard-to-find bugs which a smaller testing audience may have missed.

Also, going by the speed TWI seem to work at (an observation, not a criticism) I do think Q3 heading into Q4 is more likely. I've heard Q1 '12 banded around, which I do think is a bit pessimistic, but stranger things have certainly happened.

Upvote 0
Well consider yourself in luck, BF3 is a sequel to BF2 not BC2, there will be prone, there will be 64 player servers, the game will be completely different from BC2.

Jets will be in the game, scalable maps are back, conquest is the main gameplay mode again also. I don't understand what all the hate for bf3 in this thread is about. I've put more hours into the BF franchise than any other game series.

I love all the assumptions and misinformation in this thread about the game. I love RO also but will definitely be picking up BF3 and will most likely drop RO2 all together for at least 3 months while I get my long awaited BF action in.

I've been waiting for a true sequel for over 5 years. It's a totally different game then RO it's actually FUN. RO is much more serious and requires a totally different skill set than BF.

Unlike in BF2, there will be no mod tools, commander, squad leaders and by far the gameplay videos have shown nothing but scripted, overblown action in single player. To me BF3 seems to be leaning towards the Bad Company -theme rather than being a "true" sequel to BF2. Besides, community splitting DLC's aren't my cup of tea at all.

Upvote 0
I'm just very sceptical. TWI have been very reluctant to talk about release dates and I suspect simply because there's still an awful lot to do.

That's not the reason, there may still be an awfull lot to do, i don't know, but that's not why they don't want to talk release dates. The real reason is because they don't have to.

Most games, as published by a traditional publisher, pretty much have a release date set before development even starts. It doesen't get published to us that soon, but there's a deadline there from the very start.

This is because the publisher must answer to their shareholders and investors, they can't have an asset hanging in the wind with no promis of when the shareholders will see a return on their investment, and besides that, it's part of their buisness model to have a certain amount of games released at certain times.

That model means you get to see a release date made public long before the game ships, but unfortunately, it also means you might end up buying a rushed and buggy game, because the developer coulden't meet the dealine, and had to cut corners to get it out on time, or just plain dumped it on the market knowing full well that it is broken, because they can't afford to pay the publishers late-fee's for missing the dealine.

TWI is an independant, there's no shareholders, there's no publisher, they get to set their own release date, and that's a huge advantage to have, it means they can release their game when it's done, and no sooner.

But when they do make a release date public, it would still be a bad thing if they can't make the dealine and have to delay the release, nobody is happy when that happens..
Ergo, it would be foolish of them to annouce it too far in advance, it would take away the advantage they have as an independant. What makes a lot more sense for them, is to hold off announcing it untill they are certain they can meet the date they make public.

This means that when we do see the release date, it won't say "coming out in 5 months from now", the time between the announcement and the game shipping is likely to be very short, much shorter than we're used to seeing from the big publishers.

Upvote 0