• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heres and idea

Anubis_FB

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Madera, CA
No new guns , no new perks, Just a dlc pack that gives more maps with a new end boss.
When pat is supposed to come out it could be like the normal animation but he would kill pat and the new end boss would be harder to fight than pat was. Could Make him like a pyramid head from silent hill but not exact for copyright reasons. Just a massive beast that does huge aoe and bullets are like toothpicks to him.

Last edited:
Thats the worst idea i ever heard, do everyone a favour and get out of the internet.

Sod off, Lubaz. People are no doubt getting weary of your behaviour here.

Yes, I support a new endgame boss for KF. I don't wanna get into discussing what the boss itself behaves like but if there's gonna be a new boss, it should apply to all maps and be randomised. New maps would be nice, too. :3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm for it. I don't think it should be 2x harder than the Patriarch, but more difficult in its own way.
Perhaps, more focus on health/tanking and melee-hitting abilities? (Since the Pat seems more focused on range and cloaking); A more Tank/Melee one makes me think of The Brute.

Perhaps with an % to spawn; Like 50% - Which would give half-and-half possibility to wind up with an Defensive Boss or an Offensive One.

But... then again, wouldn't it stray away from the storyline a bit? The Patriarch was supposed to be the Father behind it all, and got all the latest technologies added onto him to be the best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But... then again, wouldn't it stray away from the storyline a bit? The Patriarch was supposed to be the Father behind it all, and got all the latest technologies added onto him to be the best.

Well as for the story conflict, the zeds themselfs are clones, not really zombies. So very similar to the husk, pat can make a new creation, but this is a beastly child that he loses control of and he lashes out and his unloving father beating him to a bloody pulp. The new boss then runs rampant chasing the players through the map at increadibly fast speed matched only by the boss undying hunger and overpowering stregnth

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well as for the story conflict, the zeds themselfs are clones, not really zombies. So very similar to the husk, pat can make a new creation, but this is a beastly child that he loses control of and he lashes out and his unloving father beating him to a bloody pulp. The new boss then runs rampant chasing the players through the map at increadibly fast speed matched only by the boss undying hunger and overpowering stregnth

So in that respect would it be like the human/alien hybrid from Alien 4?

It has a mother that gave birth to it, it looked at its mum and ripped its face off.

Perhaps this could be similar. Intriguing concept Anubis. :)

Upvote 0
No new guns , no new perks, Just a dlc pack that gives more maps with a new end boss.
When pat is supposed to come out it could be like the normal animation but he would kill pat and the new end boss would be harder to fight than pat was. Could Make him like a pyramid head from silent hill but not exact for copyright reasons. Just a massive beast that does huge aoe and bullets are like toothpicks to him.

A new end boss would be okay, but I don't want anymore of that "Matriarch" crud and...

...seriously, Pyramid Head as a boss in KF? WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS BEFORE?!?

Psh. And my idea was only for the new endboss being Emperor Palpatine trying to start a SECOND clone wars?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a very well made mod. First one I downloaded. I think that a new boss would be good, one that does melee sounds fine. Maybe can't heal but it has a crap load of health. No ranged. Patriach strength melee because any stronger and you'd just get one shotted (nice word hey?) :p
On the other hand, adding a new boss could be difficult to figure out every attack it could use, how fast it is, what perks are good against it or what style of play helps to beat it. It would be better to suggest a distinct idea rather than just ask for a new boss.
New maps would be nice, maybe a different style? One that had a lot of different intersting spots rather than one spot that everyone always goes to... That is up to the map makers to fix, but when released it would have to be approved by tripwire, I mean something like Icebreaker. Before it came out, there were no other maps like it.

Upvote 0
It is a very well made mod. First one I downloaded. I think that a new boss would be good, one that does melee sounds fine. Maybe can't heal but it has a crap load of health. No ranged. Patriach strength melee because any stronger and you'd just get one shotted (nice word hey?) :p
On the other hand, adding a new boss could be difficult to figure out every attack it could use, how fast it is, what perks are good against it or what style of play helps to beat it. It would be better to suggest a distinct idea rather than just ask for a new boss.
Personally I'd say remove the cloak, remove the heal, make it have more HP than the Patriarch, as well as more resistances agaisnt a variety of things; While keeping its good old 'headshots, arm damage and shield resistances'
The Brute moves faster the more you hit it, I'd like to see this stay, as well.
I'd say remove the '-15% speed when on fire', though. If anything I'd like to see the Brute be hurt more with fire, since Firebug seems to be completely less-played compared to every other class.

When the Patriarch runs to heal, so does everyone else. So I propose that it doesn't ever run away, but keeps the pressure on constantly.

I'd also like, were this implemented, for the Brute to be weaker against things the Pat is stronger against.
As such, Patriarch doesn't like explosives. Make explosives more weaker against the Brute.
The Pat doesn't really care for fire; So make the Brute not like fire.
Etc.
Have the spawn rate 50%, so that no one knows which will spawn; And just before the boss spawns, everyone will change their perks on an guess as to what will spawn.
"I hope the Brute spawns, I'll choose Firebug."
*Pat spawns*
"Oh buggeree."
<Lucky I chose Demo lad>

Upvote 0
Yeah, actually the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the Brute being the boss. It would also add more pressure on medics because there can be little time to heal people during Patriach, his weapons are just so devestating. But with the Brute you could try and heal people who are being attacked. I'm really beginning to like this idea.

Upvote 0