• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Engineer Perk, Female Chars, Xmas Zombies

Also, if extra models really did take a toll on memory, then why don't they DLC characters? They may be using the same voices, but they're all unique models that need to be loaded.

I asked him the same question, and was told that the CPU hit would be universal. This is because, in order for it to work, everyone must have new animations and other such things that are shared throughout all current characters that would need to be changed. It's not a model thing, it's just that the models with the current animations and such would create a very unproffessional result that wouldn't look good or really feel right...and TWI is not going to do it unless they go all the way (Yosh implied this by basically saying that new animations ect would be necessary for retail)

Upvote 0
I asked him the same question, and was told that the CPU hit would be universal. This is because, in order for it to work, everyone must have new animations and other such things that are shared throughout all current characters that would need to be changed. It's not a model thing, it's just that the models with the current animations and such would create a very unproffessional result that wouldn't look good or really feel right...and TWI is not going to do it unless they go all the way (Yosh implied this by basically saying that new animations ect would be necessary for retail)
Yeah, women move very different from men. Different stride, hip movement, center of gravity. I haven't tried that trader model yet but I really didn't want to because it uses the male animations. Perhaps we can have a tranny model instead. That will take care of at least a portion of what people wanted. :D

Upvote 0
Why we need them ?
Because they'r COOL ! Because Tripwire MADE a QUICK BUCK on xmas promo. Because TEN from my 45 friends BOUGHT Killing Floor just to play with Nutcracker, Snowman, Deers, Santa, Iceman and ofcourse GINGER-FAST "which was so cute and amazing *_*" (my girlfriends words).

Im agree with the female skin.

PS.: only 45 friends? lol

Upvote 0
There seems to been 2 threads about the Engineer perk going about but both of the, say the same thing. Sadly this idea will quickly shot down by the KF forums mainly becuase of the idea of a class that sits around and watch his gun kill everything is not how killing floor is meant to be played.

Female Chars have been mentioned before in which i completely support this idea hope it happens. :D

Well as far as Xmas ZED's go i hope something can happen where we can turn this into a whitelisted mod.

Reactions: Gartley and Olivier
Upvote 0
An engineer class would pretty much be an easy mode, so I'm gonna have to say no.

Female characters, I don't think Tripwire is all too interested, but they could have a female voice pack that could be used for custom models.

And Christmas zeds: I would like to see Tripwire whitelist 2Fangz' mutator, or at least respond to it with their own version of it.

Upvote 0
Apparently some people like to 'collect' friends like points.

personally I think I "friend to much"; I just add any nice/good players to my list, or anyone from the good ol' forums (not to mention IRL, obviously), and since KF has so many awesome players....it has swelled to about 125 friends who play KF (so not counting all the others). It's not like "points", its just that I like to play with people I like, so this allows me to quickly jump into games where at least 1 person I know is assured.

Upvote 0
IIRC it has been proven impossible/extremely difficult to implement female characters well, as TWI currently stands.

Too much effort for too few people, a massive overhaul that's pretty much a whole new game (new character models, textures, bones, animations, animations for ALL weapons, voices, voice actors, etc.) and for that amount of effort TWI could create/release new maps and weapons.

Upvote 0
Even your beloved engineer hates the idea.
I will however, get behind the ammo box idea though, but rather than issue it to the already overpowered support, I move that the ammo boxes be issued to the underpowered, underappreciated, and generally all around weak commando.

The main advantage (besides encouraging ppl to play commando) would be that the metric ****ton of ammo for his ARs (and L22, but I think that counts as an AR) means that he would be much more inclined to drop ammo for his teammates than to grab it for himself.

Balance-wise, I like the idea of the trader charging for the ammo boxes after-the-fact. That is, when a teammate picks up an ammo box, the commando (or better yet, the person who grabbed it) has to pay the full value of the ammo they grabbed plus an extra 25% premium. Also on that note I would like to start a motion that the amount of ammo for a weapon picked up from an ammo box scales based on the power and value of the weapon, ntm the size of the ammo itself. I've never been able to figure out how so many LAW rockets fit inside that tiny box anyways.

Attachments

• nope.jpg
    nope.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0