• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I can see now why devs move over to consoles

The Reason why a lot of PC Gamers are so jaded and cynical is because they have every right to be.

We didn't just get the ball rolling, we hurled it technologically, we were miles above any Home Entertainment System was at the time, and we still are.
Yet we constantly have been getting shafted in the recent years by companies who want to put in as little work or passion as possible into a game while still getting astronomical profits.
Of course, many of us don't buy into their little stunts and instead pirate it to test it out so we can gain any foresight on whether or not it'd be worth the buy, or alternatively we just ignore it altogether; this means that the publisher/developer doesn't get as much money from us because we actually know how a game should be, we've been conditioned by years of DLC that wasn't just DLC, but entirely new games in their own right, like The Secret Weapons of WWII for Battlefield 1942. We know how a game should be designed. Not with money and advertising in mind but rather sharing the experience with other people through this medium.

And after all that, the Developer realizes that many of us hate the game, or just find it boring, and they move on to the younger generation of Console gamers, because they know that they never grew up in the time where Games were filled with passion and fun.

Reactions: clench
Upvote 0
Seriously don't start trying to compare this to politics... Jesus....

You can blame people for crying about crap because they should have the self restraint and respect not to act like a 13 year old. Who knows maybe most of them are spoiled 13 year olds who got mommy and daddy's credit card to buy RO2 cause they though it looked UBER l337 like COD.. can't believe l33t speak is still around h onestly.. Kids must think its still cool lol

Well as an avid 19 year old undergrad that is living in a dorm (scholarship) working my *** off to replace a person's career in the future, I and many others have the right to criticize the situation. Your theory is wrong because the mean age of PC owners are in their late 20's to early 30's meaning that they are capable of rightfully owning the game. In my generation, "L33t" is still common as of Sept. 2011. And yes I am going to indirectly compare this to politics around the concept of "supply and demand" in social terms, if you don't like what i'm saying then please go rage and insult people somewhere else and better yet someone your own age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ha! You actually think console gamers would be any better if a game released in this condition to them? I bet you anything they would whine and complain even more.

I remember when Gear of War 2 was released, it had a bunch of little problems and the official forums were insane. It was even worse than this. Even when Halo 3 was released people complained about the bullet spread, the forums were filled with crazy posts.

Basically, being a PC gamer has nothing to do with the raging post, it happens happens with console gamers too. And PC gamers are actually much more excepting of indie developers. If this was released on consoles it would be ignored by most people because it's not Call of Duty.

Edit: I'm loving the game. It is a rough launch but I know Tripwire is working very hard to fix everything they can. Giving constructive feedback is they way to do it, raging posts don't help anyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well as an avid 19 year old undergrad that is living in a dorm (scholarship) working my *** off to replace a person's career in the future, I and many others have the right to criticize the situation. Your theory is wrong because the mean age of PC owners are in their late 20's to early 30's meaning that they are capable of rightfully owning the game. In my generation, "L33t" is still common as of Sept. 2011. And yes I am going to indirectly compare this to politics around the concept of "supply and demand" in social terms, if you don't like what i'm saying then please go rage and insult people somewhere else and better yet someone your own age.

You're kinda around my own age so I'll pick on you :p I'm only 7 years older. I don't care about your life story, and I doubt anyone else does either.. The sad thing is that most of the whiners are older than you, like you said 20's 30's etc yet they act like 12 year olds. THAT is what is sad. If their parents saw how they act on the internet they would probably be very sad and assume they went wrong somewhere raising their child. Not everyone can have good parents though I guess and not everyone likes to actually be NICE to one another and receive positive attitude back at them. Seems most just want negative attention all the time, very unhealthy.

Upvote 0
Sadly, PC gamers have developed this really childlike, whiny attitude when it comes to their games, I do it too, I can't explain it.. I think it's because for a lot of us we're more attached to our pc emotionally, I know it sounds weird, but we spend a lot of time on it, and want everything working perfectly.

Saying people have developed into something negative reminds me of something characteristic of grandparents complaining about the new generation. People don't get better and they don't get worse over time - just different. The ironic thing about grandparents when they launch into the whole "times are changing" thing is that when they were younger their grandparents said the exact same thing.

PC gamers aren't more childlike or whiny than they were ten years ago.

Upvote 0
You're kinda around my own age so I'll pick on you :p I'm only 7 years older. I don't care about your life story, and I doubt anyone else does either.. The sad thing is that most of the whiners are older than you, like you said 20's 30's etc yet they act like 12 year olds. THAT is what is sad. If their parents saw how they act on the internet they would probably be very sad and assume they went wrong somewhere raising their child. Not everyone can have good parents though I guess and not everyone likes to actually be NICE to one another and receive positive attitude back at them. Seems most just want negative attention all the time, very unhealthy.

Actually wrong. One your *** is ancient you are nearing your prime ;) Two i'm using my life experience to relate and build a case since you can't seem to grasp the concept of society integration w/ supply and demand so yeah quit hating and back off. Three and lastly, every human being holds the right to get angry if the company puts out (information, products, ads, etc) to the public but doesn't give a heads up nor live up to it's promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: clench
Upvote 0