• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Major RO Problem

Avantgarde

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2006
Old Germany
Hello community,

since this evening I have got a problem with my Red Orchestra game. Ive been playing it since the beginning so I'm not new..anyway, I'm running Red Orchestra normally and it boots perfectly. I can go on practice mode and load maps without problems for example but since this day I cannot join any multiplayer server. On every server when I click "join" it comes up with this message

Ok, no problem so far but it stucks with that note "Connecting" and doesnt change to the map loading screen (you guys know what i mean) so basically all i have is this black screen for a long time until i cancel by pressing F10. I dont get any "Connection failed" message too...

Before I waste time with trying stuff I decided to reinstall the whole game (i even deleted the "common" folder manually after) and 40-50 mins later i got it back on my steam. Before i did my configs i tried to join but still, without success.
This is very weird because maybe 20 hours ago i was able to play perfectly..

Please, if anyone knows how to help me reply to my post or if there are any questions..

The only thing I had running was a prog called "Asus probe" which checks your temperature and stuff. I also opened my pc this day and cleaned it inside but this hasnt done anything to do with Red Orchestra.
But i remember installing windows updates this morning and i havent played ro since then before i discovered this problem...

I dont have any firewall, but i have got a router on my dads pc which hasnt been changed for a long time.

Upvote 0
Same problem here!

Same problem here!

I'm getting the same message (I think!) in English - followed by this message:

231538955.jpg

Firewall permissions have been checked and I have had no other significant problems connecting with the game.

Help would be much appreciated!

All the best
Andrew Smith

Upvote 0
I had your problem already twice and fixed it by right mouse click on "Red Orchestra" in "My games" and then a click on the rightest tab. Then i clicked on the third tab from the top where it says sth about the game-cache (In German)...

This is NOT the same problem what I am having currently. I dont even get any messages like "Connection failed...."

Upvote 0
Ok guys after spending 3 hours of testing and peope-asking i finally solved it by myself: I installed weird windows updates which did some blocking for some reason. So I reset my pc to 17th and now it works fine again.
thx to everybody !!:D

@yoshiro: you can ignore my pm now ^^

but still, i cant install windows updates now coz i dont want it to be ruined again...mainly "Security updates" and 2,3 others (IE 6, against evil software..)...what shall i do now??

Upvote 0
Ok guys after spending 3 hours of testing and peope-asking i finally solved it by myself: I installed weird windows updates which did some blocking for some reason. So I reset my pc to 17th and now it works fine again.
thx to everybody !!:D

Avantgarde - What did you do to fix this?

I have tried the suggestion you made regarding verifying & defragmenting the cache - No luck with that!

I have also replaced Steam.dll, SteamUI.dll & client registry.blob per Steams own suggestions - Still no luck!

Please help!

All the best
Andrew Smith

Upvote 0
The Unkown Steam error can be fixed by stopping steam, deleting your clientregistry.blob file out of the steam folder, and starting steam again.

However for a more complete steam refresh in your base steam folder deleting every file except for steam.exe and any FOLDERS in there. DO NOT DELETE FOLDERS OR STEAM.EXE, however delete every other file in the base steam folder, then run steam.exe.

Upvote 0
Ok I fixed it by verifying the cache...never mind then as long as it works on you know.
Anyway Yoshiro I found the cause of my problem: Windows Updates. After the installation there must had been sth which blocked sth on my RO for some reason. Thats why i made a system reset and it works now again but windows tells me to update again..But of course, I dont want to mess my game up another time so I'm confused if I even should update/what I should update and what I shouldnt...
YOu got any advice? > see my other thread coz of major importance !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
windows updates

windows updates

Hi
If I understand you correctly a windows update is messing up RO online for you and you dont know what to do about updates.
Turn off auto updates and manually update the system once a week from the MS site. You have the option to review all updates and only install those that you want. Alternatively leave auto update on and in the update settings choose the option to review the updates before they are installed. That way you should be able to identify whats causing the problem and maybe find a fix. As I suspect already know if you dont install any updates your just going to run into other problems in the future.
Hope this helps.:)

Upvote 0