• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

I dunno, if the 'making of' video where they talk about the theme song is anything to go by, the dragon language has been complete enough to make music with since 2006.

Plenty of time to work out the runes to go along with it I'm sure.

On another note, I've seen quite a few amazing things in the streams of the leaked 360 version. The next week is going to be one of the longest waits of my life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a letter for "ei" and one for "ey", so I'm not sure if Skyrim has to be spelled with A+I. But seeing as they're making it up as they go along, I guess we'll find out eventually the "canonical" spelling.

I know but I'm just not sure what could sound the closest to Skyrim. Damn English language, always changing the sound of its vocals =P

Re-checking the song, "ei" seems to be indeed pronounced as the Y in Skyrim, so, editing now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know how you guys can only pick one race. I played at least partially through Oblivion with every race, except the stupid ones like the Bretons and Bosmer.

Say what you want, but the best character in the game is a Bosmer.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I don't know how you guys can only pick one race. I played at least partially through Oblivion with every race, except the stupid ones like the Bretons and Bosmer.

I tend to favour Dunmer because they fit lore wise to a lot of hybrid classes. I still roll most of the races though (I tend to completely avoid Khajit, seldom use Orcs, Redguards, and Argonians).

Say what you want, but the best character in the game is a Bosmer.

Spoiler!

You mean

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So my store that I pre ordered from has changed their mind, and are now doing a midnight launch for Skyrim. I was initially sad because they gave me the 11th off (which I didn't even ask for) and I normally work mornings. Since it's a holiday, the store wouldn't be open till 10 anyway, and so I could have easily worked the 11th and got my copy in the same time frame. But now that they're doing a midnight launch, I'm getting my copy 10 hours earlier and have the whole day off to play.

I think Stendarr is smiling on me today.

Upvote 0
I'm getting my game the day after. Damn, why didn't I buy it from steam?? -.-
I bought my copy from a 3rd party (legit) website selling Steam keys for the game. I got a pretty reasonable discount from the site, but I'm not expecting to get my game key on the day of release either. It will be torture probably, but oh well lol. You kind of have to expect that if you don't buy it direct from a retailer.

I'm super pumped tho ... I'll be pulling my hair out on Friday waiting for it to reach my hard drive ....

Last edited:
Upvote 0