• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Micro stutter when firing MG34

stray cat

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
When firing automatic weapons, there is a "micro stutter" dropping fps right after the first shot, which makes the weapons useless. Happens on the MG34, PPSH41 (oddly not on every map and it seems to happen more often on fuller servers).

This still persists after the latest patch.
I tried messing without audio channels on low and 128 but nothing fixes it.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
When firing automatic weapons, there is a "micro stutter" dropping fps right after the first shot, which makes the weapons useless. Happens on the MG34, PPSH41 (oddly not on every map).

This still persists after the latest patch.
I tried messing without audio channels on low and 128 but nothing fixes it.
Any suggestions?

This happens to me too on Pavlov's house, and Station, but in my case I belive it's ping related, as it only happens on medium/high ping servers. Don't know if it's your case.

Upvote 0
I think it is related to amount of players on server. Not ping.
I get this stutter whenever I am on populated servers even with low pings (80ms). Usually more than 10 people. If I am on aserver with very few people there is no stutter at all.
And it seems to affect weapons that fire faster than a DP28 for example. Because I get no stutter on it. But a lot of it on MG34 and PPSh41.

Oddly enough I do not get any stutter on stationary Mg34

Upvote 0
I always had this type of problem. Especially on station. Everything is okay until an enemy appears and we exchange fire - then the FPS tends to drop right as it is needed the most - and the weapon seems to have issues with hitting anything - maybe the RPM of the weapon can't be higher than the framerate? This is one of the major reasons I avoid CQB; these issues barely occur when at medium or long range and with slower firing weapons. MG-34 has been OK during these circumstances despite the high RPM.

Firefight slowdowns (otherwise) can be helped by turning down the FX quality to medium or low. Did testing when firing into objects - the dust and spray of stuff from the impact can be demanding when many shots hit in succession.

Upvote 0