• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be vehicles

Exactly what I'm trying to say, if you think of it from a physics point of view the ground shouldn't be shaking. Logically it shouldn't be shaking either. I understand maybe a bit of shaking and grinding when it is moving but just having a tank near by doesn't make the ground shake. It can't. The engine would be completely insufficient if instead of moving the pistons it was shaking the whole god danm thing... and the ground. Maybe lose ground will shake but other then that it shouldn't be much different then lying underneath a truck.

Upvote 0
Exactly what I'm trying to say, if you think of it from a physics point of view the ground shouldn't be shaking. Logically it shouldn't be shaking either. I understand maybe a bit of shaking and grinding when it is moving but just having a tank near by doesn't make the ground shake. It can't. The engine would be completely insufficient if instead of moving the pistons it was shaking the whole god danm thing... and the ground. Maybe lose ground will shake but other then that it shouldn't be much different then lying underneath a truck.

I think the "shaking" people are referring to are based on the vibrations from the engine and the large piece of metal.

A large enough speaker can make the ground "shake", of course it is just your body picking up on the vibrations from the air/ground.

I imagine tanks would also cause low frequency vibrations that would transmit through air and ground.

Upvote 0
I was always against vehicles in Red Orchestra in it's mod days, the actual retail version had too less good infantry orientated maps like RO-mod had b4 the vehicles.

There are only two good combined arms maps in RO, I hope vehicles will not diminish the effort on the infantry-style part of the ROHOS game.

Upvote 0
I was always against vehicles in Red Orchestra in it's mod days, the actual retail version had too less good infantry orientated maps like RO-mod had b4 the vehicles.

There are only two good combined arms maps in RO, I hope vehicles will not diminish the effort on the infantry-style part of the ROHOS game.

I dont think the maps were awesomely good on the mod days, but its just my opinion.

And don't forget the fact that the vehicles were kinda of a prerequisite for phase 3 (i think) of the MSU contest. Even flawed, its fun to play good tank matches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont think the maps were awesomely good on the mod days, but its just my opinion.

And don't forget the fact that the vehicles were kinda of a prerequisite for phase 3 (i think) of the MSU contest. Even flawed, its fun to play good tank matches.
Yeah.... honestly I always thought the weakest part of RO:CA (the mod) was its maps. I never had any big favorites ... I always found myself complaining about them.

Upvote 0
I liked the way some of the DH combined arms maps were made. One to two tanks at most and the rest infantry.

However, maps such as Vieux and Arad don't make any sense having infantry. Most of the time I'd see teams of two driving around in the carriers trying to hit objectives :p. Those tank oriented maps make the infantry's presence very absurd. I really hope I don't see that in HOS :(

Upvote 0

Not ROHOS but others think that things should shake!

[url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102155[/URL]

Upvote 0
I'm sure I said it elsewhere, but my guess is that they want to include tanks and other vehicles, and the coding for them for those making custom content, but don't know if they could reasonably include them in time for their initial release. Hence, no word one way or the other so as not to disapoint players before release or raise expectations only to dash them. TWI wants to be sure before they really say. I mean, doesn't that make the most sense? :p

Upvote 0