• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My friend wants this game...

Intel Core 2 E8500 3.16GHz
8GB 1066Mhz RAM
1 GB 4870
SB Audigy 2

outside I get 45-55 FPS and inside I get 30 - 40 at:

1920x1080
VSYNC on
All texture settings HIGH
shadows LOW
Anti-Aliasing LOW
Lighting MEDIUM
Post Processing HIGH
Occlusion preset NORMAL
Light shafts OFF
Ambient Occlusion OFF
Motion Blurr and the other thing OFF
Framrate smoothing ON
On thread frame lag ON

Upvote 0
There are tons of players who meet or well exceed the requirements and can't play or CTD or lose sound or ...

I really wouldn't be telling people the game will run fine, because there's no way of telling until the performance issues are figured out. Although if their systems are 3-4 years old, I'd bet dollars to donuts it'll run, as that oddly seems to be the trend.

Upvote 0
From what I'm starting to gather, your processor is more important for graphics performance than your video card is, for some odd reason.

Its kinda weird tho I'm getting real good fps 40-60 on all maps(ultra/high)with shadows and foliage on low and I have a i5 650 @3.2 8g ram and gtx 460 my cpu isn't the best in the world lol.It's a mid range system at best and I seen people with alot higher specs having problems.

The i5 is a duel core that simulates a quad thru hyper threading.I have made a few minor tweaks in ROengine file just things posted here plus good comp maintenance.People keep talking about bad code if that was the case it would run bad on all systems.

I'm sure they will get it worked out but for now the older or mid range systems intel/nvidia seem to run it better.

I would hate to be TWI trying to solve this problem \/
answer1j.jpg

Upvote 0
It's impossible to know how it will run without testing it. Do not go by what random forum people say because there is no way for them to know for sure.
grothesj2 said:
What you could do is go to your friends house, load up the game on their system and give it a try. Delete the game of course after trying it on his system.

^ This is actually the best option, realistically. Sign into your steam acct on his computer and load the game and let him test it there with you.

Upvote 0