• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A loss for words...

I'll tell you what, if you are willing, I will pay full shipping plus compensation to get your computer in my office.
Sweet jebus!, i swear if i didn't need my PC for daily work i'd be all over this.

You don't hear this from devs very often, if ever.
---
I can see it now, "i sent you my quad sli 590 setup with an i7 2600k, 12gb ddr2000 ram and 1tb worth of SSDs, what do you mean it didn't show up!!!, send me a new one please" :p.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
4.00 Gig
GTX 470

A medium/high end rig. But I can actually play ArmA II smoother than this game on high settings.

But Red Orchestra 2, on the other hand... Is the first game I've ever had to play on medium settings to get a moderate FPS, which even still is inconsistent. My friend with a dual-core, and a 9800 can run this game faster than me.

And I am not happy with the dev's input on the situation at all. They play the "your specs are too low" card far too much.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but; I've seen better support from EA.

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
Give the Devs a break and stop and think about what you are posting. They are obviously concernd about the problem and are working hard to fix it..I mean the guy is even offering to pay to ship your rig to them and look at it personally so they can figure it out.

If youve got nothing helpfull to say or do, then please stop with the venomous posts.We get it..its not working to your satisfaction ...they are trying hard to fix it..im not sure what else they can do or say to make you happy.

Upvote 0
We are not blaming your computer.

We know we are very CPU bound on slower dual core machines near our min spec. And we are working hard to deal with that issue.

HOWERVER, we are also aware we have an anomaly where some very high end PC's are getting subpar performance. We have so far not been able to reproduce this in the office. We are very aware it exists are are working as hard as we can to track it down, but it is slow going because we cannot get it to happen here in the office.

I'll tell you what, if you are willing, I will pay full shipping plus compensation to get your computer in my office.

remove the floating paper!

all problems solvered :D

Upvote 0
I didn't say that at all. Very few machines are choking on polycount. Most machines with performance problems are CPU bound, but one of the things that isn't helping is the amount of draw calls (IE: the cpu telling the gpu what to do).

But your machine shouldn't be draw bound. It is one of the cases where high end CPU's and GPU's are getting sub par performance, and we don't know why. We cannot reproduce this in our office and would like to examine your machine.

Edit: nvm I'm blind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi I didn't read through the thread at all and am jumping to conclusions

Fixed your post, and yes Yoshiro offering to pay to ship our computer to them to fix this issue is worse support then EA who tells you to screw off most of the time.

May I make a suggestion, Yoshi?

Remember that one time Killing Floor had some really wierd map-hang issues with different machines despite having a good spec, and you couldn't reproduce the issue in the office so you and the other boys in TWI invited people living in the area to send their PCs over so you could find the issue that way?

I suggest you do that again. Unless you've already done it again, and I've missed it.

Yeah they already made a group announcement for that before the game released, I don't know if anyone came over there though and lent their PC.

Upvote 0
That's not how engines and games work, newer versions are always going to run worse then older versions, for example Half Life 1 would run better then Half Life 2, less detail and less effects.

When you have a newer game on a newer engine you have more effects, better quality and more being rendered to use the advantage of new hardware.

Does that explain it well?

yeah i guess so, cause it has UT3 int he name i keep thinking it's the same engine but it;s not so NEGH!

i like the one that Killing Floor runs on :(

Upvote 0
May I make a suggestion, Yoshi?

Remember that one time Killing Floor had some really wierd map-hang issues with different machines despite having a good spec, and you couldn't reproduce the issue in the office so you and the other boys in TWI invited people living in the area to send their PCs over so you could find the issue that way?

I suggest you do that again. Unless you've already done it again, and I've missed it.
Quite sure there was some post about them doing exactly that not too long ago.

Upvote 0
Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
4.00 Gig
GTX 470

A medium/high end rig. But I can actually play ArmA II smoother than this game on high settings.

But Red Orchestra 2, on the other hand... Is the first game I've ever had to play on medium settings to get a moderate FPS, which even still is inconsistent. My friend with a dual-core, and a 9800 can run this game faster than me.

And I am not happy with the dev's input on the situation at all. They play the "your specs are too low" card far too much.

I never, ever thought I would say this, but; I've seen better support from EA.
Did you buy Arma 2 at launch? It had the same problem even worse then what RO2 is going through. Arma 2 slowly got fixed around 6 months in which made the game a blast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's not how engines and games work, newer versions are always going to run worse then older versions, for example Half Life 1 would run better then Half Life 2, less detail and less effects.

When you have a newer game on a newer engine you have more effects, better quality and more being rendered to use the advantage of new hardware.

Does that explain it well?

Not true in all cases.

Run Operation Flashpoint CWC, then Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead on a modern machine. You'll get better performance by far from the more recent game.

The more modern software will (if programmed well) take advantage of the more up-to-date multi core processor architecture and so on.

Upvote 0
I think you need to take a step back and breath, he just acknowledge you and you still sit there and read off what you computer is running of your process there could be a number of things that can affect the performance of any game.
I would start rambling these things off but I dont think you would listen, Submit your reports ask them some questions but do yourself a favor and try to do some actual problem solving not just "i have a super computer why dont this work", if you dont think its on your end fine but have a look anyway is something being blocked,drivers updated,proper heat/cooling, anything and everything that can possible slow down performance just have a look it really doesnt take that long.

But for me as a comparison its run fine

CPU-intel 2600k 3.40
GPU-ati 6950 1G
RAM-8 gigs 1600
MB- P67
PSU-850w

Upvote 0
We are not blaming your computer.

We know we are very CPU bound on slower dual core machines near our min spec. And we are working hard to deal with that issue.

HOWERVER, we are also aware we have an anomaly where some very high end PC's are getting subpar performance. We have so far not been able to reproduce this in the office. We are very aware it exists are are working as hard as we can to track it down, but it is slow going because we cannot get it to happen here in the office.

I would send you mine which is a

GTX 460
I5 2500
16GB of RAM

Has some problems as others, I can get 50+ some times but the gpu usage won't reach 100 and I think I should be running higher then I should, unless my fps is fine and your hoping to test it better on a 500 series.

Is your office in CA? I'll drive my box over so you can experience it hands on.

Intel Core i7-2600K
ASUS P8P67
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB
Radeon HD 6970

They are located in Georgia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh jeez, here we go. Another one these threads. To the OP, we know you're frustrated. There's a lot of frustration, but if you can patiently wait, TWI is on it. Look around the forum, these have already been stated, and TWI is constantly working on it.

I wonder when people will stop flooding the forums with threads like these, and actually talk about other aspects of the game. I for one, love it, along with its bugs. Why? Cuz TWI is a great developer, they make awesome games, and in the end, everything will be fixed and working.

Upvote 0