• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated server set up help.

You need to open a command prompt then go to the directory where hldsupdatetool is installed.

Use:
cd C:\xxxx\yyy\zzz

Then run the command as you said:
HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game redorchestra2 -dir .\RO2\
(Just CTRL+C to copy then right click the command prompt and chose "paste")

The above will install your game in a sub-directory (RO2) within the HLDSUPDATETOOL folder. If you want to chose another directory just replace ".\RO2" with "C:\etc"

Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time using the correct command. I used: >HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game <game> -dir <installdir>

Make sure you save the file as a .bat file and not a .txt file

File > save as > all files > ro2updater.bat

Take the .txt file i attached, change the drive letter to one that suits you, change the .txt properties to .bat
Then drop it into the same place you have the HLDS Updatetool and double click.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you, It worked for the updater. Now I was having trouble with launching the server. I created the ro2server.bat, but how exactly does command go? Do you just paste: C:\valve\ROGame FF-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=16 -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=74.91.112.170 -port=7777 -log=MyServerLog.log

Upvote 0
Thank you, It worked for the updater. Now I was having trouble with launching the server. I created the ro2server.bat, but how exactly does command go? Do you just paste: C:\valve\ROGame FF-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=16 -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=74.91.112.170 -port=7777 -log=MyServerLog.log

That must be a .bat file as well

Upvote 0
C:\valve\ Does it have to be in the main RO2 folder in steam?

Whats it doing in there? didn't you follow my advice? it should be in its own folder, not in Steam and not in Valve.

hldsupdatetool -command update -game "redorchestra2" -dir "C:\RO2"

pause

If the folder \RO2 isn't there, the update tool will create it for you, you will have to start again i'm afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norse Soldat
Upvote 0