• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Perk level show up on scoreboard

yay.jpg

Upvote 0
Lol, a level 2 on Hell On Earth?! :eek: They have to be trying to P*** you off...

I love this idea, should be easy to implement and it would really help everyone out. YAY from me :D

I disagree, they just don't know the game yet.

I had a L2 sharpie on HoE kf-mp one time, using a bullpup.
So i instructed him in the art of SS, and told him to stay near us.

You know what he asked me?
"What difficulty is this?"

Newbies just don't know anything lol :D

Reactions: BenioX and sverek
Upvote 0
I cleared HoE with 3 and 4 level players.

I hate when people judging others by their level. I saw level 6 guys, that got killed right after *****ing about level 3-4 people on HoE. And latest staying alive till wave end and cooperating properly. Damage output is different, however teamwork can easily compensate that. And it's much more interesting to bring such team to win. Raging about noobs and kicking them is worst kind of community and makes me recall DOTA.

Let's stop that "low level = sucks". If it low level player, high level players should support it. Rage is easiest way and dumbest way for solving problems.

EDIT: I want this suggestion to apply, cause I would know if I have to safe money for lower level players or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
I cleared HoE with 3 and 4 level players.

I hate when people judging others by their level. I saw level 6 guys, that got killed right after *****ing about level 3-4 people on HoE. And latest staying alive till wave end and cooperating properly. Damage output is different, however teamwork can easily compensate that. And it's much more interesting to bring such team to win. Raging about noobs and kicking them is worst kind of community and makes me recall DOTA.

Let's stop that "low level = sucks". If it low level player, high level players should support it. Rage is easiest way and dumbest way for solving problems.

EDIT: I want this suggestion to apply, cause I would know if I have to safe money for lower level players or not.

Level DOES make a difference. Skill does as well, but level definitely makes a difference. Lower level doesn't necessarily mean said player sucks, but levels 0 - 3 have no place on a Hell on Earth server.
Their presence buffs the number of zeds in a wave and the specimen HP, making it harder for everyone else. Then there is also the issue of money, the lower level will not be able to afford his/her weapon of choice(no/low discounts due to no/low level) for several waves unless the other players donate money, which they'll need for themselves to upkeep armor and ammunition.
Basically, you'll have this level 2 commando running around with his pistol, killing 9 zeds a wave out of the 30(?) he brought in just by joining.
A lot of suicidal/hoe servers actually state level 5+ as a requirment to play on the server for those reasons.

Annnnnnnnd yay to the idea :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I disagree, they just don't know the game yet.

I had a L2 sharpie on HoE kf-mp one time, using a bullpup.
So i instructed him in the art of SS, and told him to stay near us.

You know what he asked me?
"What difficulty is this?"

Newbies just don't know anything lol :D

This, many new players don't even know what difficulty a server is, because if it's not in the server name they only have the icon display to go by. And who knows how much time goes by until they notice those 2cm wide icons. Otherwise, the difficulty is only denoted by scoreboard text, that's not only red (which doesn't stick out in this game) but also up and out of the way near the top of the screen.

I think difficulty should be shown much more frequently and in more visible ways. Just like OP's idea, it's a small change that would have a large positive effect on gameplay.

Upvote 0