• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove the special ability of the axe

It's been possible to do this since at least the level up update waaaay back in Nov 09. Very few people knew about it since xbow would obliterate everything anyways. It's funny that when I first mentioned it about a month and a half before the beta, people just ridiculed it saying it was impractical, would take "years" to pull off, and that my videos were of 2 man suicidal and so on and so forth. And now here we are today where zerkers are picking it up and there are complaints about it.

Wow Really?! nice i guess players who can not master this would end up complaining =P

Upvote 0
It's been possible to do this since at least the level up update waaaay back in Nov 09. Very few people knew about it since xbow would obliterate everything anyways. It's funny that when I first mentioned it about a month and a half before the beta, people just ridiculed it saying it was impractical, would take "years" to pull off, and that my videos were of 2 man suicidal and so on and so forth. And now here we are today where zerkers are picking it up and there are complaints about it.

This - it wasn't such a problem before 1016 because XBow could so easily nail Fleshpounds, even unperked. Now that the Berserker is the only perk that can (theoretically) kill a Fleshpound without taking damage, his kiting ability has become apparent. Also, he can do this with any melee weapon including the knife; so can the Medic (albeit taking twice as long).

So it's not a problem with the Axe or even the Berserker, it's a problem with the Fleshpound. I agree something needs to be done - no perk should be able to solo any specimen with minimal risk like the Berserker does. (For those who say that axing a FP is risky, you're quite right - but compare this to being 1-hitted plus being unable to outrun it as any other perk besides Medic.) In my opinion the correct solution is a modification of the FP rage mechanics.

Upvote 0
No me parece incorrecto eso. Te lo digo de buena manera.
Todos los perks tienen la posibilidad de matar un fp , el berserker
si desgraciadamente le sacan la habilidad especial al hacha , el berseker va a ser lamentablemente obsoleto. Por lo cual no podra defenderse de los flesh pound.:is2::is2::is2:

Upvote 0
No me parece incorrecto eso. Te lo digo de buena manera.
Todos los perks tienen la posibilidad de matar un fp , el berserker
si desgraciadamente le sacan la habilidad especial al hacha , el berseker va a ser lamentablemente obsoleto. Por lo cual no podra defenderse de los flesh pound.:is2::is2::is2:

Hola, me di cuenta de que est

Upvote 0