• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lowered settings; no change in frames

If lowering your graphics settings is not giving you a boost in fps then there is either

a) A problem
or
b) A bottleneck in your system preventing the game from performing better.

A little elaboration on your hardware wouldn't hurt :)

Mobo: Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3
CPU: Phenom II 1055T @ 3.2 on stock cooling
GPU: Sapphire HD6850 on stock cooling
RAM: 2x2 G.Skill Ripjaws @ triple 7 timing
Sound: Asus Xonar DS
HardDrive: 1x WD (Caviar Black) 1TB + 1x WD SE 250 GB
PSU: 650W OCZ Stealth

Upvote 0
Well... your processor is good but not excellent.
And your video card is on the lower end.

I dip to 40's with a 2500k @ 4.8GHZ w/ a 5850. *Ultra settings @ 1920x1200.

(I think the 5850 is close to the 6870 in performance, but don't quote me.)

I'd buy a cooler for your processor and take it to 3.8GHZ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well... your processor is good but not excellent.
And your video card is on the lower end.

I dip to 40's with a 2500k @ 4.8GHZ w/ a 5850. *Ultra settings @ 1920x1200.

(I think the 5850 is close to the 6870 in performance, but don't quote me.)

I'd buy a cooler for your processor and take it to 3.8GHZ.

This is where I disagree. This game is running on the Unreal Engine 3.--relatively old technology (even if it is updated). The fact that I get the same frames on this game that I get in Crysis on Gamer settings is making me skeptical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo4444
Upvote 0
This is where I disagree. This game is running on the Unreal Engine 3.--relatively old technology (albeit even if it is updated). The fact that I get the same frames on this game that I get in Crysis on Gamer settings is making me skeptical.

Well for one the lighting effects are improved and the polygon count seems to be vastly more than other games running the same engine.

Upvote 0
Well for one the lighting effects are improved and the polygon count seems to be vastly more than other games running the same engine.

I turned off almost every "extra" option, including motion blur and all those boxes above and below it. I am running on some settings that are high and some ultra. The fact that I have the same frames when I run the game with those boxes checked and unchecked is worrying to me.

Upvote 0
Thats pretty weird OP.
I'm running an old 8800GT at 1280x720 and getting 45 - 60 on a high/medium mix. The key was drivers and res drop. Before I grabbed the latest ones which are pretty old now (280.26) I had a slooow motion game and thought I wouldn't even be able to test the beta. But its runs pretty damn well to my surprise and still looks super awesome imo.

Rest of rig is:

17 950 3.06
12gig ram
64bit win7

so that helps too I guess.

Upvote 0
Thats pretty weird OP.
I'm running an old 8800GT at 1280x720 and getting 45 - 60 on a high/medium mix. The key was drivers and res drop. Before I grabbed the latest ones which are pretty old now (280.26) I had a slooow motion game and thought I wouldn't even be able to test the beta. But its runs pretty damn well to my surprise and still looks super awesome imo.

Rest of rig is:

17 950 3.06
12gig ram
64bit win7

so that helps too I guess.

I'm not going to argue that lower resolution gives you better frames--that's just fact. The problem I have is that I don't want to have to do that to play this game. This game shouldn't be all that demanding at all, except maybe for 64 man servers with squad leaders spamming smokes; but even then the game, especially with decent hardware, shouldn't have to stress too much considering it is utilizing an older engine.

Upvote 0
The thing that is bothering me right now is that I can never get over 30 frames/s, even with good hardware and lowered settings.

I don't know what to do, but is it possible to get over 60 frames?

Try setting this to false in your ROEngine?

DepthOfField=true

Also turning framerate smoothing off tripled my framerate. I guess you have this off already though.

Upvote 0