• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remembering the forgotten war

rowan321

Jan 22, 2010
Conroe, TX USA
Hi i was wondering if sometime in the future, TWI would be interested in doing a realism game based on the Korean war. Reason being has it would most likely make it the ONLY game to do so. it just seems that even with all the loss of life and scale of some of the battles, that no one has tried yet. if not, that's OK to.

A few mods attempted this over the years as well as plenty of failed WW1 mods. I'd definitely be interested in such a game but more than anything I'd like to see a proper Vietnam game. A realism game taken further than Vietcong with the scope and atmosphere of the Eve of Destruction BF1942 mod and Battlefield: Vietnam would be fan****ingtastic. There's really nothing like flying over the jungle letting loose the door mounted M60 whilst blasting CCR out over the land. Of course, this should only be attempted with an engine capable of proper jungle vegetation with decent performance.

Upvote 0
I agree, I'd much rather see a Vietnam War game next in RO's style. A bigger change of pace with more automatic weapons.

Then an addon where you play as the South Vietnamese, or even take you back earlier to play as the French would be great as well.

But, I would not mind seeing a Korean War game.

Upvote 0
Hence my statement that developing a RO successor right after the original was a mistake and unoriginal to the max:p

Eh I dont think so. TW has accrued alot of knowledge on the eastern front that will make development go smoother, allowing them to concentrate on refining the experience we all have come to love. It's not like they can take a big risk with their flagship titles yet. With RO2 they are guaranteed to have at least a small hardcore and loyal fanbase with all of RO:Ost's fans. So I'm all for RO2 as the second main title from TW but I would definitely be open to a new experience for their next next game.

Upvote 0