• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Since update dedicated server stuck at "connecting" screens inside

Perfectblue

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Ive had zero problems with my dedicated server until today. I updated the server files
connect2.jpg

Then I go to connect to my server and
connect.jpg

It just gets stuck here. Anyone have any idea what to do?

Still the same issue for me :(.

I could join your updated server without issue.

Right click on your KF in the Steam window for Properties. Select Local Files and perform a 'Verify integrity of game cache...' and attempt to rejoin.

If that doesn't fix it then try a client reinstall. Report back on those before we look at other troubleshooting options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I could join your updated server without issue.

Right click on your KF in the Steam window for Properties. Select Local Files and perform a 'Verify integrity of game cache...' and attempt to rejoin.

If that doesn't fix it then try a client reinstall. Report back on those before we look at other troubleshooting options.
still stuck on "Connected to...."

Upvote 0
Well I discovered my problem. It may not be the same issue for everyone though.

The patch replaced the server launcher batch file, thus erasing any custom settings in there. My server has multiple IP addresses, and one of the settings in the batch file was to tell it which IP to bind to. Since that setting was gone, it was binding to a random IP. When attempting to connect via the favorites list in game it was no longer the correct IP, so no connection >.<

Simple fix. Replace all the options in that batch file. I am not really sure why the patch needed to replace that in the first place though, especially when it did not do anything with the ini.

Upvote 0