• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

auto hotkey script: legal?

Proud_God

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Belgium
As it annoys me that holding to zoom key can accidently put you into a sprint, I made a simple auto hotkey script that avoids this. For example, I'm in IS and I am holding the zoom button. If I now strafe left, I will unzoom, strafe left while remaining in IS (instead of sprinting), and zoom again when I stop strafing, all without releasing the zoom button.

Is this legal? Will punkbuster make an issue out of this?

Problem with macros is that it can possibly lead to shady things being done. For example, a recoil cancel macro would move your mouse down X every time you fire a shot. That would be an unfair advantage IMO.

If the game is doing recoil right, then that wouldn't work. It would be worse. The game should be calculating recoil as a force moving the gun backwards into a flexible object. It should move based on it's orientation to that flexible object, not just do a vertical jump of equal distance on each shot. Realism defeats a lot of cheats.

Reactions: LMAOser
Upvote 0