• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Week of 11 July - RO2 in the News

Why does this soldier have an Iron Cross 2nd Class hanging off his Greatcoat? Scope for the Mkb42 hmm. I hope this is not indicative of what all the soldiers are going to look like a couple of months into the game.

Apart from that there is a lot of nice screenshots and info.

ro4b.jpg

Upvote 0
Why does this soldier have an Iron Cross 2nd Class hanging off his Greatcoat? Scope for the Mkb42 hmm. I hope this is not indicative of what all the soldiers are going to look like a couple of months into the game.

Apart from that there is a lot of nice screenshots and info.
Spoiler!

You should probably see this thread for the discussion on that.
In short though, if you are too lazy :p

He has an Iron Cross on his coat to signify he is of "hero" status.
And, no - nobody cares if that wasn't how they were told/mostly did not wear their medals blah blah, that is how TWI have decided to have it - they are fully aware that was not the usual way.

No, everyone will not look like that after a few months because (please god I'm tired of saying this bit) the hero class is limited to a very small number per server. So even if everyone has levelled up enough to have access to the weapons in the class (doubt that'll only take a few months tbh), only a lucky few will have them at any same time during a game...unless you're playing on some retarded server with unlimited hero classes...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should probably see this thread for the discussion on that.
In short though, if you are too lazy :p

He has an Iron Cross on his coat to signify he is of "hero" status.
And, no - nobody cares if that wasn't how they were told/mostly did not wear their medals blah blah, that is how TWI have decided to have it - they are fully aware that was not the usual way.

No, everyone will not look like that after a few months because (please god I'm tired of saying this bit) the hero class is limited to a very small number per server. So even if everyone has levelled up enough to have access to the weapons in the class (doubt that'll only take a few months tbh), only a lucky few will have them at any same time during a game...unless you're playing on some retarded server with unlimited hero classes...

Yeah, also we've seen pictures of veteran germans wearing their uniform and dog tags like this.

Reactions: Zoring
Upvote 0
I don't mind there being an Iron Cross 1st Class on the tunic or a assault badge, Iron Cross 2nd class Ribbon its just the fact that the medal is being worn with the ribbon that is very irregular (if you can find any picture of a German wearing it like that in combat i would be surprised.)

Anyhow just pass it off as historical nitpicking from **** retentives. RO has always attempted to be scruplously historically accurate in the past including stuff like uniform STITCHING so seeing something done deliberately wrong like that surprised me.

Upvote 0