• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

I wouldn't of minded a unlock system if it was realistic. Say the unlocks are more cosmetic to give some variation. Things like the MP40/II and MG34 Dual Drum have just made it stupidly unrealistic and I feel that the unlock system was just a scam to get buyers.

I agree, it seems like such a tacky feature that was included purely to tick some imaginary box thought up by market research. I could understand things like a veteran marksman having access to a better scope, but some of the unlocks (silencer/doublemag) just seem silly.

I never saw any complaints over weapon disparity between the sides in ro1 or DH and such, the whole unlock system just seems contrary to the spirit of ro.

Upvote 0
It would be more realistic to have 2 MP40 Magazines stuck together with dog **** than the MP40/II

Apart from the dog **** part, I wonder why they just not chose to do this? You know, to have a bit of a quicker reload.

I don't see why TWI feels the need to make every weapon a 1:1 copy of their German/Russian counterpart. These weapons just had differences. But if you are dead set on balancing them, I would have expected TWI to come up with something more imaginative, rather than pulling out every rare piece of equipment and toss them in the game at numbers.

Reactions: Nicholas
Upvote 0
Holy nerd rage. Why does everyone freak out when a game is released when they haven't even played it yet and know nothing about the ballance of the game (yes interweb warriors, its a game).

I'm not a fanboi (notable by some of the warnings I have under my belt), but geez , relax people and let them get it out the door and patch it a couple times. I for one am glad to have a PC original from a developer with passion ,unlike the console ports where the large homogenized corporation could give 2 shidts what we think.

Upvote 0
No Upgrade for the DP? Do they just want the Russians to lose evry map? I knwo there is realism, but then there's also balance.

The MG34 is ALREADY better than the DP, if you can't balance it more by making unlocks, don't give unlocks that make it even less balanced.

Same with the MP40, jeeze. It's no good giving the PPSH a drum mag when none of the bullets will hit the target anyway.

So many fails.

Reactions: Tovarish_Vassili
Upvote 0
6x PEM scope ?? And for the SVT40 ?? Erm....

Suddenly, for the first time, I can definitely say that we're seeing things that didn't actually exist during WW2, nevermind Stalingrad.

I found that there was a 6x scope for the SVT, scroll to the middle of this page -

[URL="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zEiLMmPySlIJ:mosinnagant.net/ussr/Svt-Photos1.asp+6x+pem+scope+svt&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us"][url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zEiLMmPySlIJ:mosinnagant.net/ussr/Svt-Photos1.asp+6x+pem+scope+svt&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/URL][/URL]

Found some small info about them here - [URL="http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?128375-6x-svt-scope"][url]http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?128375-6x-svt-scope[/URL][/URL]

Looks like a mix between a PU and a PEM, Don't know the exact name for it though. Very rare piece i'm sure

Upvote 0
I've said it before, but I would have liked to see a completely different focus with the weapon upgrade system if present at all. I thought a better system would have involved field-expedient modifications and common attachments, like electrical tape wrapped around a pistol grip to improve one's grasp, weapon sights painted black to reduce glare, a hand-retooled, bent MN 91/30 bolt handle to increase the speed of bolting, a more durable MG34 bipod welded onto a DP28 in place of the DP's weaker stand, reducing recoil. Common but not standard-issue pieces of equipment like the k98's rifle grenade launcher.

I'm somewhat glad to say that the upgrades are my only remaining beef with the game, but it's quite evident that with how some weapons have absolutely no upgrades whatsoever, the focus on flashy upgrades has created perhaps more challenges gameplay and concept-wise for Tripwire than they would have liked. Certain weapons may be favored now because they have the potential for upgrades while those that were omitted are neglected.

I could have tolerated one rare weapon per team. Giving the Axis team the potential to use up to eleven MP40/IIs per 64 person match once everyone reaches level 25 is... questionable.

Upvote 0
No Upgrade for the DP? Do they just want the Russians to lose evry map? I knwo there is realism, but then there's also balance.

The MG34 is ALREADY better than the DP, if you can't balance it more by making unlocks, don't give unlocks that make it even less balanced.

Same with the MP40, jeeze. It's no good giving the PPSH a drum mag when none of the bullets will hit the target anyway.

So many fails.

guess they want to force the russians to pick the enemy loadout once veteran is reached -.-

Upvote 0

Never used in combat mate, they were prototypes, never issued.

Very very weird that one is added, and why no 6x scope for the K98k, atleast that was common, I was 100% sure we were going to get that as pr. the words of a developer who talked about upgrading to 6x scopes for some sniper rifles. Heck German 8x scopes were mass produced compared to the Russian prototype 6x SVT scope.

All of this surely must be a joke by TWI ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never used in combat mate, they were prototypes, never issued.

Very very weird that one is added, and why no 6x scope for the K98k, atleast that was common, I was 100% sure we were going to get that as pr. the words of a developer who talked about upgrading to 6x scopes for some sniper rifles. Heck German 8x scopes were mass production scopes compared to the Russian prototype 6x SVT scope.

All of this surely must be a joke by TWI ?

Yeah thats what I was trying to get across

Upvote 0
Besides the fact that a sniper should never get in CQC range, scopes and their mountings are such sensitive pieces of equipment, one hit could throw the alignment off.
I don't think there is a "class" that is more sensitive to how their weapon performs and therefore would never risk damaging it. The sniper/marksman.

So when the bayo get's attached, the scope should come off.
Not both... ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0