• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding the Performance Thief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My framerate on Spartanovka:

64 players: average 25-30 fps
32 players: almost the same maybe a little bit more

Settings: Everything on LOW, resolution 1920*1080

My system:
Processor: AMD x2 6400+ 3.2ghz
Video Card: ATI HD4870 1GB
Ram: 2GB Geil

Softwares running in background: Avast. But I can turn it off doesn't matter.

The game looks terrible on low settings so I don't want to play like this but it's still almost unplayable. Not only because of the low framerates but the huge amount of stuttering. Empty maps are fine. Example my fps on Station was 55-70 but still stuttering. :(

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Frozen Map Picture at join

Frozen Map Picture at join

AMD Athlon II X2 M300 (2.0 GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache)
ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics 1408 MB HyperMemory
3GB Memory
320GB HDD
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please help me! I don't understand most of this as I am new, BUT, I do know that there should NOT be a frozen screen as soon as I join!
_:p_
:IS2:

Upvote 0
My system is:
2600k OC'd to 4.8GHz (turbo mode) or 3.4GHz when idle or easy tasks.
8 Gig of Kingston Hyper X dual channel DDR3 @ 2033MHz
Bigfoot Killer NIC
XFi Fatal1ty Champion sound card
2X 3GB GTX 580's in Sli

Background programs are Killer net manager, Steam & Kaspersky in game mode.

I should be playing maxed out with a stable 60+ FPS however this is not the case.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
The performance thief lies with the game not utilizing sound cards at all. During periods with lots of sound occurring, the game stutters and lags even on top-of-the-line rigs. Performance is increased dramatically by manually disabling sound in the .ini files.

But who wants to play without sound? Please fix this issue so we can all play happily.

Upvote 0
The performance thief lies with the game not utilizing sound cards at all. During periods with lots of sound occurring, the game stutters and lags even on top-of-the-line rigs. Performance is increased dramatically by manually disabling sound in the .ini files.

But who wants to play without sound? Please fix this issue so we can all play happily.

This I need to try...

Upvote 0
my frames are alittle better since the new update (maybe 5 or so more)

But still getting frequent drops below 30 fps on my system. Max that i recorded was about 70 fps when i was looking at a wall.

GPU usage is still only at 30% - 35% (but that could be because ATI have yet to release drivers with optimization for RO2)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 8200
GPU: XFX ATI 6850 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR3

i'm running at 1440x900 resolution and everything on medium and all the tick boxes (bar one frame lag turned off)

Upvote 0
The game is absolutely unplayable with my current configuration. Everything in game is set to low, and even at the main menu the music stutters, mouse clicks are unresponsive and slow, and once in an actual game, I don't see more than 5-8 FPS.

Here's my specs.

AMD Athlon II Quad Core 630 Processor - 2.8 GHz
SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 Video Card (overclocked)
RAM: 6 gig DDR
Windows 7 64 bit.

Drivers are updated.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
After sept. 12 patch I haven't seen much difference. Maybe a 5 frames increase, but they seem stay above 25 and rarely go below 30 (still low for me i think). I still get a lot of hitching, this is my biggest issue. Doesn't seem to be doing it consistently. I am also getting the low gpu usage that others are complaining about. settings on high

CPU: PhenomII x4 3.00ghz
memory: 6gb ddr2 800mhz
GPU : XFX Radeon HD6850 1GB

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.