• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PbP post-apoc RPG?

I haven't played one but if you could explain how it works...

I think what he's talking about is to have a RPG-style storline advanced by each poster in a thread. Specifically, each person makes up thier character, and the game master posts the broad storyline information, while the characters react to this information.

I used to do a few of these on a forum for a old game called Dominion, but I'd always get one jerkoff player who would ruin the atmosphere by having some guy with a rifle that could make 20 shots though people's spines a row. He asked me if he could kill off "a few" NPCs in the main party. I agreed and he proceeded to RP killing 2/3 of the group for no rational reason. So you have to watch out for that kind of stuff.

Upvote 0
I think what he's talking about is to have a RPG-style storline advanced by each poster in a thread. Specifically, each person makes up thier character, and the game master posts the broad storyline information, while the characters react to this information.

I used to do a few of these on a forum for a old game called Dominion, but I'd always get one jerkoff player who would ruin the atmosphere by having some guy with a rifle that could make 20 shots though people's spines a row. He asked me if he could kill off "a few" NPCs in the main party. I agreed and he proceeded to RP killing 2/3 of the group for no rational reason. So you have to watch out for that kind of stuff.

Well yeah, it's basically a table-top pencil-and-paper game just played in a forum.

Upvote 0
It's probably gonna be about a week before it starts, I gotta refresh on rules, etc..

I'm gonna have it on the EotW forums since I can setup the game and stuff there, so if you wanna reg and get that crap outa the way, that'd be awesome.

I'm thinking the setting will be Darwin's world (so if you know about it, you know roughly what I'm going for), if not, it'll be further future.. the feel i'm looking for will be a mix of Mad Max and Fallout/Wasteland.

Given it's an online setup, that'd give me alittle extra time to react, so I can probably have a few more players.. so it's still open for now. I'd probably cap somewhere around 6-8 ppl, so a medium sized group.

Upvote 0
I have never played such a game so, how does it work? What would I have to do once I joined?
Is it like, you confront us with a certain situation and we have to post what our character would do or say?
How much would we have to write? How often?

It's a Role Playing Game..so yeah.. that's basically the jib.

What it isn't is an exercise in creative writing.. at least for the players..

basically, if you've ever played a cRPG, same thing.. just you don't have a pretty UI / HUD

How often? as often as you feel you need to create input for your character. if you don't show up for a while, your avatar will find something else to do while you are gone

Upvote 0