• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding performance

For those of you with AMD crossfire setups that are seeing a performance decrease instead of increase, it is due to the game being CPU bound.

Our plans on performance improvements include lower the the cpu usage. This should result in more people seeing an increase in their frames. Until then, please disable crossfire for RO 2.

And **** those of us that have 2 dual gpu cards? Right?

Upvote 0
And **** those of us that have 2 dual gpu cards? Right?

I agree.

My 2500k @ 4.2 Doesn;t go anywhere near full usage. Still, I see not a single increase in fps from my crossfire.

Also, why would they make a game in which even the fastest CPU's available are supposedly 'insufficient' to have ANY fps increase from a multi gpu setup at all.

That's just preposterous.

Upvote 0
What people like you fail to realize due your ignorance is that BF:BC2 has almost two years old engine with destructible environment and maps about three times bigger than RO2.

Despite the lack of detail inside destructible buildings, BF:BC2 has a fair ammount of planted detail around the maps to be honest.

Here is more fair screenshot of the game.

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
-.- Stop trying to justify everything.

Gumrak looks like a freaking salt desert with 2 buildings. BC2 has lush jungle, superdetailed water, tons of destructable buildings, tanks, helicopters, UAV's and a bunch of players running around.

Im not trying to justify anything, just point out that people are exagerrating. All of those things you listed about BC2, IMO are not as detailed as many people think. The jungles are probably the most detailed thing in BC2. Besides the destruction in BC2 is not that detailed either, its basically the same as in Gumrak, blows a section out of the wall and covers up its simplicity with a lot of smoke/debris.

Upvote 0
I personally do not know anyone that runs the game above 30 FPS. Saying that only "some" users are having issues is not true. How many people do you think will go to a store, pick up the game, then toss it in the trash when they experience this FPS? Those same people aren't going to waste there time coming on here and posting.

Would have been really nice if this took priority in Beta, when most of us submitted our dump files and dxdiags. Still waiting on the game I paid for, because as it stands I've yet to be able to play it.

Upvote 0
Im not trying to justify anything, just point out that people are exagerrating. All of those things you listed about BC2, IMO are not as detailed as many people think. The jungles are probably the most detailed thing in BC2. Besides the destruction in BC2 is not that detailed either, its basically the same as in Gumrak, blows a section out of the wall and covers up its simplicity with a lot of smoke/debris.

The original frostbite engine used in BC & BC 2 is more of a resource hog than this game should ever be. Sadly this "uber awesome super customized UE3.5 mumbo jumbo" runs much worse.

If you do a little research you will learn that EA had to reconstruct the whole engine of the game to get better performance, akin to the BS we are going through now. Hence why frostbite 2 is in BF3, and BC 2 still has SOME FPS problems.

Reactions: GizmoTheMogwai
Upvote 0
What people like you fail to realize due your ignorance is that BF:BC2 has almost two years old engine with destructible environment and maps about three times bigger than RO2.

Despite the lack of detail inside destructible buildings, BF:BC2 has a fair ammount of planted detail around the maps to be honest.

Here is more fair screenshot of the game.

It's also funny that they only show an empty house. I agree, the RO2 house looks much better, but the outdoor environments of BC2, are just beautiful.

In the beatiful jungle map, Laguna Presa, I get over a 150 FPS, when looking from one end to the other. With all the beautiful trees and foilage

RO2, in the Pavlov;'s house map, I look over a bare stretch or dirt with 1 single building (July 9th square) and I get 40 fps (even lower when Im actually moving)

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is what changed in retail?

I didn't play the beta, but everyone seems to agree that the last beta patch vastly improved performance for many people. But once retail came out it was like it devolved.

What did you do in the last beta patch? And it may be a gross oversimplication, but why can't you just do it again or change what broke it?

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0