• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xienen about Killing floor 2

What about an expansion pack for KF? That way, it will still contain the players from KF as well as the maps, mods, Mutators etc. Yet TWI can charge a substantial amount (I can say substantial amount when talking about TWI without hesitation b/c so far their practices have been more than fair and I, and I'm assuming as well as plenty of KF fans would gladly pay for an expansion pack) for it and make a copious amount of people happy. Not only would it extend KF for a longer duration if its successful we can look forward to more expansion packs, similar to character packs for KF.

As for RO, I tried getting into that game, I bought 2 copies when it was on sale on steam but I got murdered upon entering every game. Funny thing is the people in the games I was in was nice enough to tell me where they killed me and where not to go but I still ended up getting killed anyway :p So on that note I really hope they diverge a decent amount of manpower for KF and/or KF related projects because I simply love this game.

Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
What about an expansion pack for KF? That way, it will still contain the players from KF as well as the maps, mods, Mutators etc. Yet TWI can charge a substantial amount (I can say substantial amount when talking about TWI without hesitation b/c so far their practices have been more than fair and I, and I'm assuming as well as plenty of KF fans would gladly pay for an expansion pack) for it and make a copious amount of people happy. Not only would it extend KF for a longer duration if its successful we can look forward to more expansion packs, similar to character packs for KF.

As for RO, I tried getting into that game, I bought 2 copies when it was on sale on steam but I got murdered upon entering every game. Funny thing is the people in the games I was in was nice enough to tell me where they killed me and where not to go but I still ended up getting killed anyway :p So on that note I really hope they diverge a decent amount of manpower for KF and/or KF related projects because I simply love this game.

well new content is always awesome, but something TWI has yet to do (in fact, the only TWI mention of anything of the sort is with ROHoS; they said that if any of the full conversion mods are amazingly epic, they will make it an official expansion. And thats a full conversion mod, or rather 3). TWI seems to have a system, as of yet, of having either free updates (some of which containing content equal to an expansion), or an entirely new game.

The main thing is just that there is one thing impossible to do with an expansion: changing the engine to a more modern one. It is true that an old engine can still carry a game a long ways, so it still has plenty of time on it. But when you look at it long-term, eventually it will be too limited by it's old engine to properly compere; albeit, this is long-term, but nonetheless time does eventually take its tole.

Upvote 0
think of it like this: KF2 will only be a shadow of a possibility if RO2 makes enough money for TW to be able to purchase another engine license. as to my knowledge, ROOST and KF took up the two UE2 licenses they won and RO2 will be making use of the one UE3 license they won.

regardless, the game's still only been out less than 2 years. imo legit talks of a sequel on the drawing board probably won't start showing up for at least another 1-2 years.

Upvote 0
i do have to say that if your working with codes/engines and even HTML made by someone else, it ALWAYS looks harder than it actually is, because you didn't make it you don't know the layout.

but once you know what everything thing is and have identified all the different paragraphs it gets a little easier. (as easy as coding gets, which is still pretty hard)

Upvote 0
If there was a KF2, I think it should be set in London, during the peek of the outbreak, when it's basicly Armageddon, with a tell-all story mode.
I think it should feature new survivors that eventually meet up with the ones from KF (the whole gang, from all DLC's and the original survivors).
Just imagine seeing Mr. Foster completly patched up, Noble with a completly ripped shirt from Clot claws, Kevo with no sunglasses and cap, DJScully with a blood-filled shirt and no more cap. Just to show the brutality of the specimens.
MORE GORE, more guns and equipment.
Camping in small acampments made by civilians trying to resist the specimens.

Man, would be great, especialy if the UT3 Engine was used to it's max potential to deliever a even more imersive and hardcore experience.
But KF is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaay long from dieing and I dont want KF2 for at least 3 years from now.

Upvote 0
think of it like this: KF2 will only be a shadow of a possibility if RO2 makes enough money for TW to be able to purchase another engine license. as to my knowledge, ROOST and KF took up the two UE2 licenses they won and RO2 will be making use of the one UE3 license they won.

regardless, the game's still only been out less than 2 years. imo legit talks of a sequel on the drawing board probably won't start showing up for at least another 1-2 years.

Actually they had to pay $250,000 for KF, they only get one of each engine.

Upvote 0

That's quite optimistic of you, I believe that until ROHOS gets released we won't know for sure where in the development cycle or if KF even has a development cycle.

Upvote 0
That's quite optimistic of you, I believe that until ROHOS gets released we won't know for sure where in the development cycle or if KF even has a development cycle.

I imagine that the only things to do with developing KF2 are the good ideas here that can't make it into the current game with its limitations. We have been told before that lot of these ideas have been enjoyed by devs, but they can never be put into the current game. Take female characters and multiple voicesets or even "story" maps as a starter.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0