• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spanish language Update: A BIG fail :/

҈Oc†ө

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Hi all,

all spanish games have been updated recently including Spanish translations for text and voices.

Looks like a nice idea to be able to have your favourite game in your native language, but it's only great if it's well done.

1-The voice acting is Pathetic, worst than a childs low cost cartoon.

2-The sentence translations, doesn't sound cool at all, instead they sound unreal, and completely out of common "street" spanish language.

3- Some weapon and perk names sound very odd. You cant literaly translate words and hope that makes any sense. For example,, Pipe bomb is translated as "Bomba Casera de tubo", this in spanish is like saying "Home made bomb with pipe shape", doesnt make sense at all in spanish. Firebug, is something like "escarabajo de fuego" would be like "beetle of fire", but it's just ridiculous in spanish to name things like that, doesnt have the same sense. It's like if the translations where made with google auto translate

4-Worst than all that, is that the recordings are pooly made (i'm a sound designer and proffesional sample producer and i know the technical side of things very well). They sound like if the voices where recorded with a cell phone, without good mics, compressors etc

This all is killing the vibe and feel of the game for spanish people. Yes, they need a spanish version, but they deserve a much better one, more in line with the english version.
Most of my spanish KF friends think the same, and many of them have switched to english again, even the ones that don't know a word of english.

Please consider rolling back the update, or at least the voices, and revise the translations. Better actors, better recordings, and if it's too expensive, then leave it in english and only translate texts as most games do.

Sorry if my post sounds like trolling, it's not the intention, and if you know some spanish and carefully look at the traslations you'll agree i'm not trolling, just saying whats really going on.

then leave it in english and only translate texts as most games do.

I haven't played the spanish version but I agree with you that crap dubs are crap and I'd rather have translation and read subtitles then have a crap dub. It sounds like the spanish dub is terrible, so getting a good translation with subtitles would be a much better way to go.

Upvote 0
I agree with the bad dub, like L4D spanish dub.... they are bad, better subtitles that voices in spanish..

I also like the l4d english voices much more than the spanish ones (oh yes, zoey's sensual voice is unbeatable:p), but the spanish version of l4d is well done, with good voice acting, good translations and good sound production. Cannot be compared to the spanish version of KF wich lacks of a minimum quality.

Upvote 0
Dunno bout all of you spanish people , but im argentinan and I would prefer to lower volume to 0 rather than have KF on spanish.
IMO all translations sucks , game isn't the same , I like the game how it originally is , in English.
As an example , have someone played Bioshock sometime? Well I did , and on English , game loses it's attractive by being on another language. I heard how it sounded on spanish , but all the slang aint the same.
Example : In fort frolic , when the piano is about to explode you hear this
"Cohen you sick **** , let me out of this!"
Spanish : " Cohen maldito bastardo , dejame en paz!" ( Something like that , I can't remember it from the video I watched.
It isn't the same.

And if I don't hear something , I just add subtitles ( Not in KF , i had to check the wiki for somethings that I couldn't understand) I did it in Bioshock , I did it in both L4D's , Kane & Lynch 2 , a lot. And I understood every word.

Upvote 0
images

Upvote 0
Same goes for german translation.
When I installed KF on my Laptop and forgot to set Steam to English, I was like "You've got to be kidding me !" when I ran the game.

So what did we learn ?
Play KF on English as god/TWI intended !

I didn't know the voices change too
how do u change it again?

KF uses the same language as Steam.
Or you can choose language if you right-click a game in your library and change it in game's settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0