• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

http://rapidshare.com/files/81514545/oBrother.Sara.rar.html

A single player mission I made last year when I still knew how to make missions with the level editor.

The mission briefing is only in German I didn't make it bilingual and now I am to lazy and also forgot how that works :eek:

Anyways I made this mission for someone at a forum who wanted to make a campaign about two brothers one is a sniper and the other one is a pilot. In this mission you are the sniper (actually when I played this my "brother" was black and I not :rolleyes:) the Blackhawk of your pilot brother was shot down and you were sent with a convoy to rescue him of course the convoy gets killed and you are alone now (the other guy was supposed to make the intro :mad:) ...

The mission is pretty hard I think but you can make it just a few hints.

The patrols are random a (like your spawn entrances) and it's better not to fight them (at some point you will have to). Ignore the waypoint at the beginning and go to the green symbol which you can see in your map after you killed the guards at the wreck the pilot will join you so secure the area first (I suggest a sniping postion on a roof top).
Then go to the waypoint (not the front entrance ;)). The radio is in the tent near the entrance. It is triggered when you get close to it.

Have fun! :cool:

P.S. If you think the mission is too hard make it a night mission in the editor ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah for any other people worrying about the beta patch:
it installs just like a mod, it has a seperate map and launcher, so you can launch both an 1.08 version and the 1.09 beta patch version.
I dont use 1.08 anymore though, 1.09 fixed issues i had, + there are more then enough good servers for 1.09 allready.

Mahnsikir, if you'd like, you could join our co-op group (to be found in the social groups section of these forums :) ).
The more players the better ^^

Upvote 0
Well i've tried out he SP demo for a bit... I'm still not entirely sure I'm sold on getting it yet. It's like "well, this is sort of neat. Ok, double tapping this does this, single tap does that, holding this does that now... Ok, got that. Oh, my guys are already up there killing people? Hm. Oh, so the SP level was done before I could kill anyone? :( "

Upvote 0
Didnt even know the demo had any sp missions lol ^^
Only played online on a ****ty computer, with people getting killed all the time lol. Performance is also much worse in the demo, especially compared to beta patch 1.09 :)

When you play ArmA multiplayer with some good guys, ArmA will be at its best.
Like for 3 nights in a row now i've been playing together with Nimsky, both missions taking about 2 hours to complete, and teamwork being great.
We have a constant flow of information going, from enemy positions to our own positions, the direction we're looking at, what we'll do to cover the other, where we're gonna move and how, who's gonna do what, who's gonna take out who (in patrols for instance).
And only once our plans are complete, we move and execute with deadly precision.
I believe that if you like some cool touches of the game so far (wich i gathered from your post) you'll like/love it to play with us Zips.
The controls you'll figure out along the way :)

The singleplayer part you really shouldnt buy the game for, cause it outright sucks, especially compared to Operation Flashpoint.
AI used to suck great humongous *** in urban area's, and while still not smart in that area, 1.09 also improved that a lot (better movement etc)
But in the end, you have to realise ArmA was supposed to be the 'gapfiller' between OFP and the then unannounced Game2 (wich is now ArmA2), and thus focussed more on multiplayer etc.

Upvote 0
I've been training hard all day, picking up and drooping off the SF team, trying not to kill everybody when landing my MH-6 (the one with the carrying boards ?).

Go for it Zips,
just mucking about in the Editor,(as I have been) makes it a good buy.
Single player is interesting.
Multi-player is good but needs a certain dedication because the game is as pretty realistic as they come !
A small group like this could be just what is needed.

The 1.09 beta has defiantly improved performance and more besides.

I want to be the pilot :D, do you trust me :eek: ...

Upvote 0
Played a game of the evolution mode/mod on-line, where you have to take over the cities one by one against the AI. Gaining ranks as you get kills or do mini missions etc. that then allows you to use better equipment and vehicles and recruit AI soldiers.

It was quite fun with a group of us flying in on a little bird and getting dropped off to assault the town.

Another time I got in a little lada type car with three others, after a 5min drive to the town, an enemy jeep patrol pulls out about 300-400m in front of us but thankfully they don't notice us. We drive a bit further up the road where there's a destroyed humvee lying sideways across the road, quickly jumping out of the car we run up to the humvee for cover and open fire on the rear jeep. After we took out the driver and gunner in a few quick bursts of fire, I move round the left hand side of the humvee to get a better view, just as i take one step around I hear a large burst of automatic fire to my right. Crouching down next to the humvee I look back and see my three teammates lying dead. :(

I spent the next 5 mins crawling around the wreck trying to see where the shots came from. Didn't move out of cover until a friendly little bird came and dropped troops off a few hundred yard away, at which point I guessed that whoever killed my mates (im guessing the front jeep in the patrol) had wondered/drove off not noticing me or had been killed by someone else.

Oh and surround sound is brilliant in arma, so helpfully for telling where incoming vehicles are coming from not to mention locational help in fire fights. Sigh... better get back to writing my essays...

Upvote 0
A quick video i made in Armed Assault, using the XAM1.4 mod, wich added this cool little radio to helicopters with good old rocktunes fitting to vietnammovies etc :D
Makes flying around in helicopters THAT much more fun :p

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j347wzH4ZE

EDIT: Just added another video, this one showing off the helicopter assault you'll be able to call in in my mission, when the **** really hits the fan ^^
This one is a pre-emptive assault, so things wont be like this when you play the mission :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_gkYGDY-I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
freak_arms-1_0_2375.jpg

Upvote 0