• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about tank crews

FireManDan

Nov 29, 2010
Maybe someone can answer this??

Now I know about full crews either AI or real players. I also believe I read that when a crew member is killed you have to switch to his position to use it, and it takes time to move there as another crew member will have to move correct? Is there animations of the move? Also what happens to the crew members body, does he disappear or does he slump over in his seat?? Anyone know?

I can't understand what he says at 5:30... Can a tank run over a wooden fence or not?

My guess is yes. If I recall, it was stated as a "problem" from ROOST, and the interviewer asked if it's been resolved.

Ramm mentioned, that problems don't automatically go from one game to the sequel, so my guess is, it's not a problem in ROHOS.

Upvote 0
My guess is yes. If I recall, it was stated as a "problem" from ROOST, and the interviewer asked if it's been resolved.

Ramm mentioned, that problems don't automatically go from one game to the sequel, so my guess is, it's not a problem in ROHOS.

It sounded more like Ramm was dodging the question in order to not upset fans that tanks still can't crush low obstacles like fences.

Will tanks get stuck on low obstacles like fences? Really, how does that question not apply to HoS? Both Ost and HoS have tanks, and fences. What part of that question does not carry over from the first game?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thx for the explanation. Actually i reached the same conclusions when i heared the interview for the first time, but the answer that Ramm gave sounded quite ambiguous, so i thought that i probably misunderstood something since my english isn't that good...

It sounded more like Ramm was dodging the question...
Yes, actually i had the same feeling...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also believe I read that when a crew member is killed you have to switch to his position to use it, and it takes time to move there as another crew member will have to move correct? Is there animations of the move? Also what happens to the crew members body, does he disappear or does he slump over in his seat?? Anyone know?

Yep, there will be an animation, you have to throw the body of the dead crew member out of the tank!:)

Upvote 0
It sounded more like Ramm was dodging the question in order to not upset fans that tanks still can't crush low obstacles like fences.

Will tanks get stuck on low obstacles like fences? Really, how does that question not apply to HoS? Both Ost and HoS have tanks, and fences. What part of that question does not carry over from the first game?
It didn't sound at all to me like he was dodging the question. During that interview Ramm was clearly very very tired and was a tad irritated (imo) with the questions coming from his Russian friends.

Ramm was replying sarcastically that problems from the first game don't just get ported directly to the second game. So yes, his answer was indirect, but it was a reflection of his attitude at the time, imo. I think it's pretty clear that he was saying that it won't be a problem for tanks to drive over fences in the second game.

Upvote 0