• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please add cooldown to artillery/mortar

the cooldown is between 3 and about 2 and a half mins.

Are you suggesting it be increased further?

Feels like an eternity for me.

But both teams throwing them out constantly makes it go boom pretty much all the time.

There should be some kind of a limit imo.
Commander seems pointless cause hes just standing at the radio doing nothing but throwing ut recon, then arty/mortar. Its like commander in BF2, sort of useless.

Upvote 0
But both teams throwing them out constantly makes it go boom pretty much all the time.

Commander seems pointless cause hes just standing at the radio doing nothing but throwing ut recon, then arty/mortar. Its like commander in BF2, sort of useless.

I hardly think feeding enemy data to his team and calling in the heavy ordinance is useless, not to mention he can force respawn and (once the squad system works properly) he can issue meta-orders to the different fireteams and coordinate the overall strategy of his team.

Upvote 0

lol you think commander is useless then complain about all those explosions the commander called in on you.

Upvote 0
Except for those 5 minute gaps...
For arty yes.
Not for mortar.

lol you think commander is useless then complain about all those explosions the commander called in on you.

Pisses me off when I cant move anywhere without getting f... bombared where my character gets paranoid for minutes, until the next wave.

And no, if Team 1 bombards at 1:40:00, this means he has 3min cooldown. If then Team 2 bombards at 1:41.30 this will then be pretty much chaotic. Then Team 1 bombards at 1:43 again. Then Team 2 again at 1:44:30
A minute of peace, awesome fellas!

Annnnd then we also have the artillery and rockets(?).

Also what is the point of arty/mortar/rockets when most of the buildings wont get destroyed anyway? Except the small villa...huts on that... church map which has nothing on it except burning houses which has somehow been destroyed before the game started.

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
For arty yes.
Not for mortar.

Why do I have a strange feeling we have talked about this before?

Oh right, because we have.

Mortars are 3 and a half minutes. They have fewer salvos, are less powerful and have less variance.

Plus mortars in real life can maintain fire for quite a while. So what they put in game is quite handicapped.

Upvote 0