• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
tiger 2 went about as fast as the 1 .. i think it was about 3km/h faster actually...

with a skilled driver none of the parts would break, but if you cranked on em hard then stuff would break

sure, skilled driver can make a difference. But even then, it was still the main reason why most Tigers II have been loost, cause of there mechanic. It is comparable with the Panther A. The first versions of the Panther tank, where, if i rember corect near 70% could not be used, cause of there issues with mechanics. Sure, the Tigers II mechanic was not unreliable like the Panthers one before it got tested and updated. But even a absolutly skilled driver could not change the fact, the the chance to break the gearbox for example was for the Tiger II way higher then for other german tanks, like the Tiger I, late war Panther versions or just Panzer IV.

And i doubt this main problem about the Tiger II could be really managed by the game.

Upvote 0
Its not like we will be driving the Tiger II around for several miles just a bit into the combat zone.
The question is not if the Tiger should be added because it must be due to historical importance its common nature on the eastern front (nearly all were sent there), for realism, ect.

The question is will the devs add it?

-For everyone who thinks the Tiger II is slow and immobile:
http://files.filefront.com/pzvibwmv/;6269674;;/fileinfo.html

Nice regenerative steering the Tiger I should also have this.:D
I will try to find more if anyone else has footage of the Tiger II (King Tiger) please post it.

Upvote 0
king tiger for RO

king tiger for RO

HI all its red here...
i was wondering that we have a tiger 1 in Ro WHY NOT ADD THE KING TIGER!:p
it would be awsome!! the most power tank on the battle grounds:p
doesnt any booddy think that would be kewl?
maybe add the king tiger in the 1944- 1945 maps thow becaseu it arrived in mid 1944.....
so maybe add it in a new addon? ho does it sound tripwire team??
i would dearly love it if yah did

:p
red...

Upvote 0
ibtl.jpg

The devs have said they will implent the Tiger II. It's only a matter of time.

Upvote 0
Yup, it's an Elefant all right. It was a rolling coffin for its crews since it had no mounted MG's and Russian tank-hunting teams could walk right up to it and blow it up. It also only rolled at about 11 Km/hr. The battlefield at Kursk was littered with them.

Although it had tremendous firepower and thick armor, I don't really see what use it could have on any of the current maps. Every other tank in the game would maul it, not to mention roaming fausters and man-purse agents. :D

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has plans to make this into a driveable vehicle. They could be used as static artillery pieces though. :cool:

Upvote 0