• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why you like KF and keep coming back

Anubis_FB

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Madera, CA
Its just plain fun. Iv been thinking of starting another account like prestige and playing all over again but been to been to lazy. I still need to finish off my achievements and that ever so elusive dftd (how you taunt me so).

Just the random violence and co-op is fun. Its simple but for some reason oh so addicting. Iv tried to leave KF, and play other games and I always seem to come back. They dont seem to have the random fun of co-op like KF does.

This post was made for ppl to express their love or like for KF and urge TWI to make a KF2. Im more than sure the community would support it. From my understanding RO is a successful game, but KF has been able to continue with the same players (maybe KF has lost some players, but for the most part has kept the same ppl in the community). KF is in retail, and I have seen it. RO Iv heard is in retail, but have yet to see it in stores in my area.

Dont want to split the games, but I just feel if KF got a little more attention, then TWI could do more.

Reactions: El Couch
I dont think theres any need for a KF2 if anything second games are usually rubbish compared to the original game but yea back to the point i always play kf because its fun and actually a challenge sometimes unlike other games (l4d) kf has way more maps and u actually need to work as a team thats what makes it so good oh and im british so i love hearing british voices and scenery :p

Reactions: Lewt and El Couch
Upvote 0
Why you like KF and keep coming back

Because it's one of the few games my laptop can barely handle :eek:

Apart from that, I like coop games, they're fun with friends and KF is one that is very challenging. But I think one of the few things that keep me coming back is perk leveling and the hilarious way zeds die. When a FP steps on a pipe bomb and launches almost 50 feet in the air (this happened MANY times), when a scrake gets it's **** pwnt by a double-barrel, when clots get blown up and there is a satisfying "ARRROOOOGHHHHHHHH", those moments keep me coming back. And of course, dual-handcannon zed time :D

Upvote 0
- It's a survival game
- British voices
- The more, the merrier
- The Flamethrower goes further than the distance of your arm
- The Medic can heal from distances with the Medigun
- There's classes, that take a while to level
- Variety of Specimens (Unlike L4D,where it's just common, and the occasional 1 of # every few minutes)
- DLC Characters, so if you want to look different you can buy a pack - These, also being cosmetic only

Upvote 0
KF is one of the few games that makes being relatively slow up with being intense and gritty - a term that somehow stuck with Gears of War, but it also fits well here. It is less artistic, but gives you more freedom and more variety in a graphical way, also, this is one of the few games with metal music which noone has complained about so far.
Last and probably best reason for coming back: Coop gameplay forces you to play together. I'm not the competitive player guy, I enjoy rough Player vs Rest-Of-The-World situations, and KF is just delivering this.
Could have been updated with another monster or another weapon, the more the merrier, as said before. :cool:

Upvote 0
I haven't played KF much lately but I'll always love it. The developers are awesome, the community is better than most, the weapons look and sound amazing, there's a good mix of fun and complete terror ("well guys here I am, just being a Commando and watching this entrance for tr-OH GOD A FLESHPOUND"), and there is nothing more satisfying than your squad barely surviving each wave then murdering the Patriarch. :cool:

Upvote 0
It's basically the only FPS I enjoy that my laptop can actually run.

A few of my good friends have it.

Shooting/immolating/exploding/slicing/poking specimens are fun (And by poking, I mean pathetically trying to knife a fleshpound after running out of ammo because your teammates refused to spare dosh despite clearly having more than enough.).

Turning specimens to giblets never gets old.

Watching the Patriarch go down with well-timed, multiple crossbow shots to the face in seconds never gets old.

Upvote 0
When I join a game and have a Medic who doesn't know to heal, but instead whines how the Medic gun is lame and buggy, and then continues to blow every door I weld (I welded the gate in West London, while we were in the under-bridge next to it, so I wouldn't get backstabbed when I was aiming down the road). Leaving a last comment on how he's an inconsiderate douche, caring for only his own ***, while blocking the door to let him out of the Trader (While saying this, he does nothing but insult) and then I leave.

Only to join the next game with 2 people, I see it's Suicidal and enter, to see it's Hell on Earth. 2 beserkers, level 6; I spawn as a Medic and try my best with them in Icebreaker, following them around, healing them. We do really well up to wave 8, before they die and I'm left alone - With 25 left, I have a crossbow and the MP7, I have to deal with 1 Fleshpounds, 2 Scrakes and 3 Screamers, plus all the other gosh darn awful.
Except, when alone, they cheer me on saying how I can do it. I wound up dying unfortunately... But, my first HoE game, with 2 guys who for once, didn't insult me?

- The higher you go in the difficulties, the nicer people become.

Upvote 0
- This class system is fun it feels like the more to play you get rewarded for you efforts

- The gameplay changes all the time even if it's the same map what works once may not work again.

- The goofy britsh humor in the midst of purgeing an entire area of Z.E.D's

- The end game boss will kick your but if you don't work together to defeat him at the same time the feeling of bringing him down.

- Scoreing that vital headshot as a sharpie on the fleshpound thus the kill entering you into zed time while you perform a quick fist pump in victory

- A game that tests both your soloing and team skills at the same time :D

@Rainbowcakes What you say about harder diffcultys is oh so very true thus you will more like see friendly players and much better teamwork.

Upvote 0
It's basically the only FPS I enjoy that my laptop can actually run.

A few of my good friends have it.

Shooting/immolating/exploding/slicing/poking specimens are fun (And by poking, I mean pathetically trying to knife a fleshpound after running out of ammo because your teammates refused to spare dosh despite clearly having more than enough.).

Turning specimens to giblets never gets old.

Watching the Patriarch go down with well-timed, multiple crossbow shots to the face in seconds never gets old.

That amusingly reminds me, I was playing as a commando one day, and everyone was dumping ammo into the FP. They stop to reload, and it is rushing towards me. I see that there is no red in its health bar, everyone is looking at me as they reload, I pull out my 9mm and fire one headshot that kills it. Everyone starts laughing, was pretty anticlimactic.

Upvote 0
- The higher you go in the difficulties, the nicer people become.

I'll have to agree with this one, for sure. Players who are really into the game will definitely move up to the higher difficulties, and appreciate the effort others put forth. While "stat whores" will join Normal difficulty servers and use their lvl6 perks to gank as many kills as possible and never share money.

Then die to a clot and ragequit.

Upvote 0