• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best and worst of suggestion - Look here before posting

Do you mean their actual strengths and weaknesses?
..........he means balancing weapons as they probably do on EA DICE games,after every new game comes out you hear 80% of peeps crying please DICE nerf these weapons they are overpowered,and DICE offcourse instead keeping the true power of the 7mm round weapon and beefing up the recoil they nerf the weapon,so after that people cry out about more nerfing and more and more.....until game feels like whatever weapon you handle all of them feel the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except for looks and sound,...there is not iven 1 characteristic different between them now...

its like handlind same weapon just in 20 different skins and 20 different sounds....

NO balancing weapons Knighted,this game wont turn into BF or COD 360 jump turn headshot pew pew...

I'm officially flushing your idea you know where...

EDIT: please buy RO1,do we have to beg you to do that? pretty please maeby??? hmmmmmmmm?????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man, that sucks, my suggestion for a war dialouge feature didn't go through. I still believe, in my opinion, that the war dialouge feature is realistic enough to get featured in the game. But anyways I think you guys should add the visible legs into the game.

I wouldn't worry too much. This is a fan generated list of suggestions. If your idea is good, Tripwire might think about it. Being on the list isn't a requirement for that, imho.

Upvote 0
The medic idea caught my eye. Definitely no health packs, I get that, but I think there should be a way to enhance survivability just a bit (say you're out of bandages, you're pinned down and wounded). I might suggest a drag system like ARMA 2 has, where your ally can help you get back to safe lines. Or maybe a medic can *expertly* apply bandages to help stave off more severe hits (like the slow bleed out ones you'll eventually succumb to if you don't stop the bleeding fast).

Upvote 0
This thread is for us to focus what features we feel would best add the game and a summary for the devs.
It will also keep newbies from posting the same idea over and over again (like flyable planes). ;)
This Thread is work in progress! Please contribute! Everyone post/link suggestions that aren't included yet.
I will add every good idea that has a positive feedback!

EDIT:
I like to make a poll so WE CAN ALL VOTE which ideas we love most (a ranking), but nobody knew how to set up a poll
which supports 30 or more options. If there is someone (a moderator?) who can help me with this plz contact me!

As HOS is now coming this year I thought it would be a nice idea to look back and see how
many of the ideas in my thread made it in the game. Ideas that will be included got a (Yea!).​

INFANTRY:

Easy pickup system for dropped weapons & ammo! Link
A better than the system we had in OST, no piles of nades/guns/ammo you cant pick up easy

Look over deployed MG Link
Helps to scan for targets without the ironsights. Also make the tracers useful.

suppression fire for MGs
(this was a topic for years in the old RO forums! See HL2 mod "Insurgency" to see how it works)

magnetic tank-mines

Gentle customization, like different helmets
(normal helmet/whitesheet cover/netfoliage/camocover, ect.)

showing the average skill level of players on a server, based on their ranking Link
this will help players to choose a game with players of the same skill level. A total newbie wont have fun on an experts game.

Fair System to select weapons: Players with fast computers can always select their weaponry first, while people with a slower loading computer are generally forced to always play with leftover weaponry. Link

Last stand maps (Wave defense/Holdout maps) Link (Yea! thanx a lot TW!)

Selectable spawnpoints Link
Player (or just the SL) should select where to spawn on fixed positions
on the map to make their tactic less predictable.

Flamethrowers and molotovs (not at game release, but considered)

Squadleader can select location to deploy stationary MG or antitank gun on different fixed spots on the map.
Like there are 10 fixed spots for deployment, and the SL can use 2 of them. That way the map dont gets boring cause its always changing.
It will prevent a "standard procedure" of attacking, cause you dont know where the fixed guns are at the start of the round
(if its too complicated to include that the SL selects the spots, it can be also random)

Country Flag in the scoreboard (teamroster) next to each players name Link
So you know who is from your country (could be transfered from the steam account)

Removing spawnprotection once the enemy team is out of reinforcements Link

A system to share ammo: drop individual clips and magazines to team mates.

Soviet marksman can select the plasch palatka (red army cloak/poncho). Link
(maybe wraped rifles as additional achievements or Heros could get special camo and play as sniper)

asymmetric team ratio for some maps where attackers have a larger team.
Meaning the game autobalances the teams so that you can have 2:1 Russian or German numerical advantage.
Defenders have the advantage of a fortified building which is easy to defend. This would fit for the later maps where Germans are in the pocket.

Stuka attacks instead of normal arty for the commander (on some maps).

mixed selection of 2 types of nades. (1 frag 1 smoke) Link

Uniform variety: soviet plasch palatka/german Zeltbahnen (ponchos),
greatcoats, fieldmade wintercamo (bed linen cover) different boots, ect.

checking MG ammo by looking at belt or drum Magazine
(soviet DP machinegun had markings on the drum so you can see the exact amount of bullets left)

Dead bodies that are randomly generated in the map each round with different ammo and wepons one could pick up.
(empty MG nests with an extra ammo or church tower with dead sniper and sniperrifle)
Besides the realism of additional bodies on the ground, you could only pick these weapons/ammo up once per round.
And the bodies are randomly generated at different locations so there isn't always a mad dash to the same places all the time.

Medals achieved visible on players body (Iron Cross, etc.)
shouldn't be too difficult to modify the skin and change it via online ranking on steam

Raindrops running down on binoculars, tank optics and sniper scopes. Link
on maps where it rains, of course!

Recon plane (Yes)
Realistic, not like in COD where you see all hidden players in buildings, too.

Bayo stabbing from behind should be lethal Link

Mobile Artillery (guns being towed with Halftrack or manpower). Link

Individual Reinforcments: Reinforcment pool depends on your class and your style of play. Link
A great idea proberly just for the Hardcore mode. Please read the whole thread to understand

Limited Ammo in supply crates depending on map or gamemode. (relaxed = unlimited, hardcore = limited)
Or maybe just on some maps like in the last weeks of defense for the germans

Tutorial movies for new players. Link

Medics (in a realistic way): Medics can give spare bandages to other players.
Medics can not "heal" or revive players like in BF.

Server sided Ragdolls Link

Remove enemy notification in cap bar Link

ability to roll when prone Link

Wirecutters for engineer class Link

MG42 hip-firing Link

alternative capture system Link

Manual reloading (topping off) if bolt rifle mag is half full Link
should be able to reload bolt rifle with part stripper clip if your mag is half full

Local voice chat communication
Link

TANKS:
(most of these features are already included
in the DH mod, so its also possible for HoS)

Tanks should drive through fences, roll over trees ect. A 45 ton tank can​

Upvote 0