• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thanks TWI. Now let's keep ideas coming!

SeppLainer

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
Change log:
- Reduced Elite Riflemen and Assault roles on all maps.
more:http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=71793
Thank you so much. This goes to show that TWI is listening to us, and I must give them props for attacking this issue. So, here's to you TWI.
6a00e552e3404e8833014e8be258b2970d-450wi

Now, let's find some more ways to improve RO2. I know theres a million threads out there, BUT a lot of posts are buried, overlooked, or not very well thought out.

So let's hear them, and let's try to give some solid rationale behind them in this thread!

I'll start:

Disable bots from ranked servers.

Bot farming is an epidemic, and I feel more people would be inclined to play peer to peer as opposed to leveling heros on bots, and so I think this is a thorn to the side of server populations. It's safe to say most bot players are doing so just for levels and perks, and they'd simply play people if bots were unranked, as they should be, since bots are such easy and predictable prey.

I say this, and I must confess, I bot farmed a time or two, so I am guilty too, but looking back, it was a total waste for a cute little upgrade, and that's time I should've spent in peoples servers bolstering the numbers.

Improve spawn positions,

...and back them up from initial objectives so fire teams actually spawn together and can work together and not be funneled into just running straight into an obj.

Even if you want to work together with mates, it's practically impossible from the get go, as the spawns are crowded hoards , and your fireteam has no bearing on where you end up, everyone is just running everywhere. I have several mates that are hardcore realism, teamwork oriented guys, and we can't enjoy teamwork for the lack of even being able to find one another from the spawn, and thereafter.

And 5 guys yelling Hanzel and Gretel on the mic aggravates the pubbies. You are thrown into combat so quick, and without any organization, you have to be as lucky as Lt. Spiers in Foy to find your guys. I like the ability in some servers to choose squads and fireteams, but few server shave that, and even if it is used, it's meaningless due to the above.

Which brings me to:

Improve the ability to follow command and follow leaders

Maybe it's just me, but the SL, and TL icons seem to be glitched out. Sometimes it shows my teamleader 3252 meters away (no exxageration!), but most of the time its near impossible to find your fireteam leader, nor your commander. The highlighted name and map reference only does so much. Perhaps what does exist here can be improved a little.

Thanks for your time,
A Rooster

Last edited:
Reactions: Verluste
Guess i missed the original thread where we voted on this, I just hope there not reduced to much, maybe instead of reducing the amount of autos etc they shoulda made them have RO1 recoil.

Also this will only cause a huge increase in nubs taking the SL/Commander positions only to get a better weapon. Only time will tell

Upvote 0
Why is it bad that you can gain skillpoints, perks and unlocks from killing bots? :confused:

Because bots are cheap kills, and where you might get 25-40 kills in a real game if you are doing well, and maybe 100-150 or so points, vs bots you get 200 kills, and 500 points easily.

It is just too easy to rank up, and make the challenge of unlocks and hero status just too easy. Seems to me thi smakes the whole idea behind the honour and hero systems null and void, and a waste of dev time implementing when it can be subversed with an hour of mowing down idiot bots. Otherwise it takes many hours and skill to do against humans.

Upvote 0
I bot farm and bot farm proudly and why?
Because I don't like the fact that I have to kill hundreds and thousands of enemies in order to unlock features that would have been standard issue during the battle for Stalingrad, like the 71 round magazines + select fire for the PPSh 41 and freedom of choice between the 50 round assault drum and the 250 round belt, or whatever length was chosen, for the MG34.

Unlocks reeks of unrealism and favours only those who have plenty of time every single day to put into level grinding - I don't have that so in order to fight on a level playing field I must bot farm.

Unlocks should have been a players choice at the team/class selection screen and not something you have to 'earn' your right to use and besides I paid for the whole game - not just part of it and I still haven't access to all that I paid for...

Still I believe that RO2 has the potential to become a really great game given time so I still play.

Upvote 0
I bot farm and bot farm proudly and why?

Oh dear u have no honor ? How can someone farm on bots and be proud of it .
Nvm .
My suggestions would be ;

-To be able to detach scopes from rifles . Not everyone likes mkb with scope .
- To be able to see as squad leader ur arty calls . Its hard to give commander cordinates if u cant see ur own arty strikes on the map .

Upvote 0