• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German Superiority!

Warishell

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
I can't help but noticed on alot of servers the german team being played by high honor experienced players compared to a russian team played by much lower honor level, it is obvious with the outcome of the game: honor in most cases (at this present time) does actually represent skill level.

This is most commonly found on 32p servers.

It's annoying because on one end you have really good players destroying a basically new-b team. I've played a few games like this, i've realised that these experienced players just stay on the german team game after game after game, it is basically composed of the same team on and on. Do these guys really have fun steamrolling the other team constantly? Don't they like challenge?

I actually prefer the german team but have been mostly playing russians to support a side which dosn't have enough support especially from some the most experienced of the community. It's sad.

I like it when the game is hard and presents a challenge so I will often take the loosing team upon entry on a server and try to turn the tide, but you can't win alone and on one server I was probably the only experienced player on russian side.

I guess this is where the servers ability to determine an honor range was supposed to come in play but no servers use it. I guess the're worried about not getting enough players. Maybe the general player count is too low for this option?

Maybe a server option whereas both teams should have the same general level of honor should be put in place, make the games fairer, what do you guys think? Or maybe a system that ensures that the general honor level is not too different between teams. I don't want people to be constantly swithcing sides in balancing though... maybe have it operate in the begining of the match. But maybe i'm just unlucky with the servers, does anyone else experience this?

A message to the experienced players always on the german side and taking the winning side, MAN UP and have a real fight!

Last edited:
Nah not really. On the server I play on I know alot of russian friends who are well above 60. In fact myself and another mate were over 70 before TWI fixied double exp for higher level classes so we droped to 65+. Some guys on our server are hitting 50+ with Veteran. Russians generaly win there. And yes Honor points does make a difference more or less, not the actual number because % and bonuses do not work in this game yet but the more you play the more you get experience.

7th Cav!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is said to be an issue ever since release.

To be blunt, I wouldn't say that the more experienced players are going German, it's just that German guns are easier to use compared to Russian ones, so it's a bit easier to level stuff up, which makes more people go German, which makes them appear to be more experienced. Then you add the PIV on combined arms maps, then super effectiveness of the PTRS vs the T34, then multiply those using old German propaganda, and you have an obnoxious amount of people wanting to go German.

Upvote 0
I can't help but noticed on alot of servers the german team being played by high honor experienced players compared to a russian team played by much lower honor level, it is obvious with the outcome of the game: honor in most cases (at this present time) does actually represent skill level.

This is most commonly found on 32p servers.

It's annoying because on one end you have really good players destroying a basically new-b team. I've played a few games like this, i've realised that these experienced players just stay on the german team game after game after game, it is basically composed of the same team on and on. Do these guys really have fun steamrolling the other team constantly? Don't they like challenge?

I actually prefer the german team but have been mostly playing russians to support a side which dosn't have enough support especially from some the most experienced of the community. It's sad.

I like it when the game is hard and presents a challenge so I will often take the loosing team upon entry on a server and try to turn the tide, but you can't win alone and on one server I was probably the only experienced player on russian side.

I guess this is where the servers ability to determine an honor range was supposed to come in play but no servers use it. I guess the're worried about not getting enough players. Maybe the general player count is too low for this option?

Maybe a server option whereas both teams should have the same general level of honor should be put in place, make the games fairer, what do you guys think? Or maybe a system that ensures that the general honor level is not too different between teams. I don't want people to be constantly swithcing sides in balancing though... maybe have it operate in the begining of the match. But maybe i'm just unlucky with the servers, does anyone else experience this?

A message to the experienced players always on the german side and taking the winning side, MAN UP and have a real fight!

If you want a really even server, to the point where the Russians are kicking the German's asses, go to the Ducksoup Seattle Server, very even rounds.

Upvote 0
you are part of the problem, why do you instinctively "pefer the german team"..??

What do you mean i'm part of the problem? LOL i just wrote down that I always take the lossing team upon going into a server --> I don't really care. And my preference is the MG34, I'm a machinegunner. But lately i've been playing as a Russian Squad leader with a pawpawshaw all the time trying to round up forces.

SO don't bloody hell tell me i'm part of some problem!

Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0
This is said to be an issue ever since release.

To be blunt, I wouldn't say that the more experienced players are going German, it's just that German guns are easier to use compared to Russian ones, so it's a bit easier to level stuff up, which makes more people go German, which makes them appear to be more experienced. Then you add the PIV on combined arms maps, then super effectiveness of the PTRS vs the T34, then multiply those using old German propaganda, and you have an obnoxious amount of people wanting to go German.

No, this is not completely true, the weapons first off mean nothing when you have good teams. German weapons might be better guns in general,(On the other hand i'm not sure: the pawpawshaw is superior to the mp40 and the SVT is superior to the G41(my opinion)) but the difference is too minimal to give it any incidence on gameplay.

Also i cleary can see when looking through both teams which i did, that the honor level on the german team is significantly higher. Go see for yourself.

I'm not talking about the maps in particular or anything. To me even commisars house is very winnable for russians it just need smart playing and not runnning into fire constantly!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been a problem for a while(team stacking) and the reason I mainly play the Russian side.I have heard so many people say "I play the German side because they win more" and,threads like this don't help. Many people don't want a challenge and just want easy rounds with no close fights.Personally I pick the Russian side for a challenge.I thinks its funny when the Russians get a few wins in a row and watch Germans either log or switch sides.

As for German Superiority its just not true with a good team Russians have just as good a chance to win any map as the Germans do.Since the reset I have only played the Russian side working on my unlocks.I have been lucky to have been on good teams /servers.

2011101400001n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been a problem for a while(team stacking) and the reason I mainly play the Russian side.I have heard so many people say "I play the German side because they win more" and,threads like this don't help. Many people don't want a challenge and just want easy rounds with no close fights.Personally I pick the Russian side for a challenge.I thinks its funny when the Russians get a few wins in a row and watch Germans either log or switch sides.

As for German Superiority its just not true with a good team Russians have just as good a chance to win any map as the Germans do.Since the reset I have only played the Russian side working on my unlocks.I have been lucky to have been on good teams /servers.

2011101400001n.jpg

I agree with you and only wrote superiority because as i said alot of good players choose german and make the germans, on a lot of servers, the winning team. I am the first to say its the better team who wins!

My fav team is also allies.

I also wrote that to get the attention on the subject, maybe get some of these "I Heart Germany" guys to have a talk to them. Thats why i made the title controversial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What do you mean i'm part of the problem? LOL i just wrote down that I always take the lossing team upon going into a server --> I don't really care. And my preference is the MG34, I'm a machinegunner. But lately i've been playing as a Russian Squad leader with a pawpawshaw all the time trying to round up forces.

SO don't bloody hell tell me i'm part of some problem!

you misunderstand me, I support you playing Russian for team balance, I just dont understand why you, and others, innately prefer to play German. I innately prefer to play whatever side I end up on or whoever is under-manned.
On a separate issue, people who purposely switch sides to the winning team should be banned for life, really it's that sad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guilty as charged...

I like the German weapons better, mainly because I think the K98 is so visually appealing in RO2.. the Mosin Nagant just doesn't have the same oomph that it had in ROOST, feel's plasticy and weak to me in RO2.

The ppsh makes my game lag whenever I fire it so it makes it sort of a moot weapon, the DP28 is none too great so I dont bother with that.. all in all the Russian weapons seem kind of lame to me so I dont really touch that team, ever.

Upvote 0
I don't think weapon superiority has anything to do with the Germans winning more, and I honestly see a pretty even win/loss ratio (depending on the map). MP40 is definitly superior in long range to the PPSH, heck I feel like I'm cheating by using it, but PPSH is better in the traditional smg role. DP isn't that worthless as people say since I hardly ever find having more than a 50 round mag makes a difference especially when you're firing 200rpm less or something, and you have less recoil (I find, I might be wrong). I think the problem is that, tbh, German's feel more tight and badass (infantry tactics-wise, before anyone calls me a Nazi ;)), so people tend to lean towards them. As for me, I've always been an auto-selector, and I'm 50-50 if the teams are already even.

Upvote 0
I used to prefer the german army for the looks and feel of the soldiers.

But i play Russian, due to the fact that most people seem to prefer the Wehrmacht and therefor cause a balance issue on most servers.

Russians have 1-4 players less then the german side in general, when theres room to move on the server.

However since reset ive exclusively played as a russian soldier and it sparks a thought into mind.

The fact that russians yell "Urrraaaaaaa!" All together at the start of every spawn and everybody just rushes as a part of the "moment" its inevitable that the russian side will take more losses.

There is a sense of recklessness surrounding Russian soldiers and to be honest its more fun that way. After facing harsh German resistance nothing is more satisfying then cutting down the MG34 gunner who just sawed half your team over by the waist.

I had a single game on the german side the other day and in comparison it seems so brutal, harsh and without the same sense of "**** it Ivan, lets all run towards that gunner he cant kill us all anyway" it just makes the russians that much more fun imho.

Upvote 0
I play mostly for the Allies, and now it's pretty often for us to win. Although when the game came out the Germans were without a doubt in advantage, now I think it pretty much depends on team.

Mapwise, there are differences and the Germans do have slight advantages in some maps. However, it's nothing unbalancing or completely OP'd, and can easily be overcomed by teamwork on the Russian side.

Upvote 0
I don't think weapon superiority has anything to do with the Germans winning more, and I honestly see a pretty even win/loss ratio (depending on the map). MP40 is definitly superior in long range to the PPSH, heck I feel like I'm cheating by using it, but PPSH is better in the traditional smg role. DP isn't that worthless as people say since I hardly ever find having more than a 50 round mag makes a difference especially when you're firing 200rpm less or something, and you have less recoil (I find, I might be wrong). I think the problem is that, tbh, German's feel more tight and badass (infantry tactics-wise, before anyone calls me a Nazi ;)), so people tend to lean towards them. As for me, I've always been an auto-selector, and I'm 50-50 if the teams are already even.

Just to make things clear i never said the germans side was superior....

Upvote 0