• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A bit hard on tripwire...

I also have a computer that well exceeds maximum requirements (as well as minimum requirements). One is a NEW intel, and the other is a 6 year old AMD. That's right, SIX. You should've done your research before dropping money, and that's with ANY product. It's not like there wasn't beta information on the forums. You willfully made the choice having access to the information and that's your fault. I bought the game knowing the risk, and I was fine with it. Had you been paying attention, they specifically stated they were running out of time and realized there's a lot left to do. It's evident everywhere on this forum.

Now who's fault it that?

The fault of TWI obviously. All the research that I have to do as end user is to look at the minimum requirements. My PC exceeds them. If it does not run all the blame is on their side.

The game has bugs. OK. We each spent $30-45 on it, and it's buggy. Big deal. It's getting patched up. Nobody died. Nobody's going to starve because they don't have that money in their pocket to spend on the necessities of life - at least I sure hope not. It's just not worth getting worked up about. I'm not a big gamer, but I've bought maybe, I don't know, thirty games or so on Steam. Never finished half of them. Never started some of them. All water under the bridge. Forget about it. At least, with this game, I've played it about thirty-some hours in the last two weeks and had a lot of fun. I know the developers are trying to put out the best game they can. It'll all work out. I'm just saying, don't take yourself, or any game, too seriously.

Does it run for you? For me it runs at 22 fps at best, and crashes after one map load. If the game would run I would have a lot of fun with it. But it does not, that is why I complain.

Upvote 0
You post Battlefield glitches as an argument that the particular game is glitchy? I bet we could find five times as many RO2 glitch videos if the game was as popular..
Your argument is weird.

Furthermore, in reply to the original poster.
We're not too hard on Tripwire.
Why?
Because this is a full priced game sold as a full game. We paid real money for it.
We got a beta. We did not get a full priced full game.
We got a full priced beta.
That, my friend, is why everyone is complaining.
If we dont complain when developers release incomplete games it is the same as saying "here, take my money, give me any load of buggy incomplete junk you want and i'll be happy".

No. We must always expect more. At the very LEAST expect a full working complete game!
Don't reply with "all games have bugs". Thats not the point. The point is that games can not be released in this state and then expect the customers to just be happy PAYING for it.

If you bought a loaf of bread at the store, and when you came home you found that it was utterly riddled with maggots and fungus inside, would you be happy?
What if you bought a new DVD or bluray movie and it was glitching and scratched or couldnt play properly, would you be happy?
Hell no. Games have no reason to be any different in expectations of quality.
If you pay, you have the right to expect a certain level of quality. That is the very basic core principle of the capitalistic society we live in. Yet somehow the pc games industry utterly fails to realize this, and we keep getting broken buggy messes on release.

Why? Because we can't do jack about it. We cant return games. We cant get them replaced by working copies (obviously). We can't sue. We can't do anything. If you buy a loaf of bread, a movie or some physical object that doesnt hold up to the quality as advertised, you can just return it or replace it.
With games you can't do jack. You pay and hope to god what you get isnt broken.
And if it is, dont sit there and tell us we dont have the right to complain, when we PAID for it..

And yes, i'm convinced that this very promising game will be great and finished and fixed at some point in the future. But the main point is that we paid for the game NOW, we do not pay LATER when it is fixed. We paid NOW and as such we are entitled to expect a full finished quality game NOW, not later.
If there was a method of paying later when the game has the major issues ironed out, none of us would be in this mood. None of us.
The fact is, we pay NOW for something in the state it is in NOW.

The end.

This pretty well sums it up. Bravo!

I'm so tired of the whole "TW is a small developer, it's ok when they churn out an incomplete game." When I go eat at a small local restaurant I still expect the food not to suck, I don't care how small the business is.

Upvote 0

I'm so tired of the whole "TW is a small developer, it's ok when they churn out an incomplete game." When I go eat at a small local restaurant I still expect the food not to suck, I don't care how small the business is.

Yeah, and you also don't expect your $7 meal to be equivilent to a $18 one now do you? This game is half the price from a smaller developer with much less resources to go around. I'd be pissed too if I paid $60 but I didn't. I paid half of that. I got the $6 meal knowing it wasn't going to be chef quality, but I didn't expect it either. I expected above average food at a decent price and that's what I got.

+ stray cat - you just furthered my point even more. You can't fix ignorance. By your logic - I'm guessing all those infomercials are right too because they tell you that they are?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, and you also don't expect your $7 meal to be equivilent to a $18 one now do you? This game is half the price from a smaller developer with much less resources to go around. I'd be pissed too if I paid $60 but I didn't. I paid half of that. I got the $6 meal knowing it wasn't going to be chef quality, but I didn't expect it either. I expected above average food at a decent price and that's what I got.

+ stray cat - you just furthered my point even more. You can't fix ignorance. By your logic - I'm guessing all those infomercials are right too because they tell you that they are?

I don't think the size of the studio really comes into play, but rather their decision to do such a limited beta (with things like all the stats/unlocks largely disabled for much of it) for such a short amount of time.

RO:Ost and Killing Floor are both great games, and I paid a little extra for RO2 to support them and get a peek at the game. In a working state RO2 would be worth full price, but a reduced cost doesn't really justify an unfinished state.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, by the way. Just the opinion of a somewhat bored forum lurker who would rather be playing RO2.

Upvote 0

Sammiches and pancakes are a lot easier to make than a game from the ground up.

Also, let's throw ten thousand customers at a small local restaurant and see how well they do :p

Upvote 0

That's just it sux comes in many forms while you say this game suxs I say bc2/bf3 or CODmw does.I have seen NO game breaking problems and get great performance on a 700$ comp.The high end system guys getting below 30 fps have the right to complain and should post it in the bug report with performance dumps as to actually help remedy this problem.Not in every random thread made.

Alot of these rage type threads is just people not liking this type of game. A niche game isn't for everyone and requires patients to learn so you can be effective.I cant stand the new COD games but I don't go b***hing in their forums I simply don't play it.

Upvote 0
Besides the fact that they are from my native Georgia they are my favorite developers because their not afraid to make unique games.Never change TWI :D

this. I love this game, even with it's flaws. Because I know they will beironed out eventually, TWI make good games, they may not have many, but the ones they have are phenomenal and this game willbe no exception if we only give them the time they deserve.

Keep it up Tripwire!

Upvote 0
I don't think the size of the studio really comes into play, but rather their decision to do such a limited beta (with things like all the stats/unlocks largely disabled for much of it) for such a short amount of time.

RO:Ost and Killing Floor are both great games, and I paid a little extra for RO2 to support them and get a peek at the game. In a working state RO2 would be worth full price, but a reduced cost doesn't really justify an unfinished state.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, by the way. Just the opinion of a somewhat bored forum lurker who would rather be playing RO2.

No, I don't. That is valid and I agree with that. I am satisfied with the product because they mentioned beforehand they were rushing. Yes, they still had a deadline, but they're working on catching up. As long as everything gets fixed, I'm a happy camper. So far, I have no reason to be angry. I've put 55 hours in and enjoyed every moment.

Upvote 0