• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left in the dark about performance

MrHello

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
I feel, and I may be putting words into others' mouths, but that we're being left in the dark and there's not enough information in regardence to the performance issue. It would be great if you would show recognition of this massive problem, which cripples gameplay for MANY users including myself. The utmost definitive recognition, would be to post on the front page or somewhere VERY obvious that it IS being worked on, and to show any updates you may have, even if it's just a once a day "Still hunting for that performance bug". Just to show you still are recognising it.

Sorry to sound demanding as it's not my place to, but I did purchase the game and I was really hoping to play an interesting product that would be my favourite for a long time to come :\.

Reactions: PanterA
I feel, and I may be putting words into others' mouths, but that we're being left in the dark and there's not enough information in regardence to the performance issue. It would be great if you would show recognition of this massive problem, which cripples gameplay for MANY users including myself. The utmost definitive recognition, would be to post on the front page or somewhere VERY obvious that it IS being worked on, and to show any updates you may have, even if it's just a once a day "Still hunting for that performance bug". Just to show you still are recognising it.

Sorry to sound demanding as it's not my place to, but I did purchase the game and I was really hoping to play an interesting product that would be my favourite for a long time to come :\.

Please check out Putz's stuck thread in the RO2 support section about performance. Every little bit helps.

Upvote 0
Please check out Putz's stuck thread in the RO2 support section about performance. Every little bit helps.

No.

I tested it out yesterday on ComissarHouse.
I picked a spot and looked at it. I went to video options and my AA was OFF. At that time the FPS was at 45-47. I turned AA to HIGH and my FPS DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL. I keep trying medium, low settings, everything which might give me a smoother gameplay...But the game only looks uglier with no effect on FPS at all.

No tips or tricks will help us, only a solid patch which optimizes the game. Dunno if you heard about a guy named "don7bl1nk". He posts youtube videos and has started playing RO2 and commenting on it. Like the most of us he really loves the game so far but has serious performance issues as well. If you look at his channel you might notice he has a Sandybridge i7,8 gigs of ram and a superclocked GTX560 and says his FPS sometimes drops to 30. That, SIR, is not normal.

I completely agree with the op. Some information about a future solution is requiered. And all of you who come back and say "omg im enjoying the game dont whine" pls just gtfo.

Upvote 0
No.

I tested it out yesterday on ComissarHouse.
I picked a spot and looked at it. I went to video options and my AA was OFF. At that time the FPS was at 45-47. I turned AA to HIGH and my FPS DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL. I keep trying medium, low settings, everything which might give me a smoother gameplay...But the game only looks uglier with no effect on FPS at all.

No tips or tricks will help us, only a solid patch which optimizes the game. Dunno if you heard about a guy named "don7bl1nk". He posts youtube videos and has started playing RO2 and commenting on it. Like the most of us he really loves the game so far but has serious performance issues as well. If you look at his channel you might notice he has a Sandybridge i7,8 gigs of ram and a superclocked GTX560 and says his FPS sometimes drops to 30. That, SIR, is not normal.

I completely agree with the op. Some information about a future solution is requiered. And all of you who come back and say "omg im enjoying the game dont whine" pls just gtfo.
No? Really?

Did you even go to the thread I suggested or did you just decide to complain with foolish abandon?

Because the thread I mentioned, this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61789 , is trying to find out why performance is all over the place and it asks for assistance from gamers.

Upvote 0
No? Really?

Did you even go to the thread I suggested or did you just decide to complain with foolish abandon?

Because the thread I mentioned, this thread: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61789[/URL] , is trying to find out why performance is all over the place and it asks for assistance from gamers.

I did see the thread. I'm in the process of posting the perfdump right now. I'm just sayin nothing traditional helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Every little bit helps, even if it doesn't seem like it immediately.

Nah I want to apologize to everyone, with every post I make it seems like I'm some massive jackass. I'm just eager to play this game at its best as everyone else is. I'll try and restrain myself from posting any further rant comments :mad:

Upvote 0
One thing is for sure, the perf are great on the first maps we had for the beta and are crap on the last maps. The problem comes more from the map optimisation than the computer itself.
And I think that's related to maps with open and infinite landscapes around that have big perf issues.
That's not universally true either. With the exception of 2 single maps (Red Oktober Factory and Pavlov's House) my performance improved with each successive patch/rotation.

Upvote 0
Makes me nervous when people say it's a map issue, yes some maps perform worse than others but Every single map is still bad with drops into the low thirties or twenties, i've given them my perf dump.

I dunno I'm not sure this is going to be fixed anytime soon which is why they aren't talking about it, like my performance should be 30-40 FPS higher in places. If this is a simple "optimization" I don't see how they could possibly make up that difference. I'm hoping it's just one bug that is causing everything that when they fix will show massive performance gains.

Like this is easily the contender for the worst performing game on my system Metro 2033 in DX11 is the only thing I can think of that performs worse.

I need to do a fresh format on my computer this weekend, so I'd be curious to see if that solves it and see if it's a conflicting software issue, not just a hardware issue.

Upvote 0