• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry but i have to say it.

arpeggi

Sep 12, 2011
Hello everyone, been a huge RO player since 2008, looking forward to this game since then, today i just sit in my computer and wait wait wait, cant describe the feeling when i lauch it for the first time :D

And i was not feeling ripped off, the game is awesome, the guns, the sounds , the maps, everything is just perfect, only a little problem : the performance :(

My Rig is not the best, i have a 4890HD PRO, Q6600 2.4 and 3 gigas of Ram , Win7. I am trying to run it at 1400x900 at medium settings, is that too high for this computer ?
I am not saying tripwire sucks, i want my money back bla bla bla, i have a huge respect for you guys, but i think this is a serious problem that can take players away from this beautiful game, more than realism servers, sway etc.

Anyone have any ideias how i can improve my performance ? and buying new CPU or GPU is out of question, i heard of the umbrella culling thing , how can i try that ? thank you

Hello everyone, been a huge RO player since 2008, looking forward to this game since then, today i just sit in my computer and wait wait wait, cant describe the feeling when i lauch it for the first time :D

And i was not feeling ripped off, the game is awesome, the guns, the sounds , the maps, everything is just perfect, only a little problem : the performance :(

My Rig is not the best, i have a 4890HD PRO, Q6600 2.4 and 3 gigas of Ram , Win7. I am trying to run it at 1400x900 at medium settings, is that too high for this computer ?
I am not saying tripwire sucks, i want my money back bla bla bla, i have a huge respect for you guys, but i think this is a serious problem that can take players away from this beautiful game, more than realism servers, sway etc.

Anyone have any ideias how i can improve my performance ? and buying new CPU or GPU is out of question, i heard of the umbrella culling thing , how can i try that ? thank you

Man, i also have a HD4890 and a Q9550 with 4g ram. Playing 1920x1080.

I can play with all HIGH and AA on mid/high (doesnt matter, doesnt change too much performance).

BTW, i can play with 40-66 (vsync) fps.. droping it to 30 when art comes and a lot of players..

I can play it nice here.. i dont know what guys with so much better computer are having problems with performance.. i dont need 100 fps to play a game and have fun.

I think 45 fps i can play ok.

If i get everything on medium i get 66 fps, droping to 45 on arts and stuff.

Reactions: [TW]redeye
Upvote 0
I have almost the same specs as you ati 4850hd, Q6600 2.4, 4 gigs of ram. i have played with the settings a bunch!

detail, character detail and shadow quality all on low and the rest medium makes it playable for me, shadow quality was a huge fps increase when i changed that to low.

oh and turn off motion blur and bloom and amb occlusion for sure :p enable one frame thread lag!

and everyones right while in game you can bring the console down with ~ key and then type "umbra culling" and it seems to help give ya lil more boost.

Upvote 0
Im not sure, but if you have an ATI try to turn of the Hardware Physics. Not sure but only Nvidia use that kind of stuff, right?

I have an XFX Ati HD 6850 Black Edition, AMD Phenom 2 965 (4x3,4ghz 8mb chache) black editon, and 4 gb DDR3 1600MHZ.

I have everyting on ultra and 1650x1080 and running very smooth (more then 40 fps). but if i use Hardware Physics, its turning very bad. Why because ATI doenst support Physics because they use some other Technology!

Upvote 0
The strange thing to me is: i dont have lots of gain or loss if i set AA to off or ultra, or some other stuffs to high or medium/low..

Another thing: try this (improves FPS a lot here). Go to the roengine in the config directory and type CTRL+F "field" set it to FALSE.

Then type "umbra culling" in the console when into a server.

See if it works better for you (the game loses in image quality)

Upvote 0