• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some of my own thoughts on KF perks,weapons and so on

On the first thing,I'll say some of my own thought on KF perks

For the reason of balance the perk with high fire rate weapons should have low damage per round,the perk with slow fire rate weapons with high damage per round.In this way their DPS are balanced.

DM should be equipped with low fire rate snipery weapons,but with MASSIVE damage.Excellent at engaging far targets,horrable at engaging near targets.

Commando should be equipped with high fire rate assault rifles with moderate damage.

Also,each weapon should have its unique attributes,such as the holographic sight on SA80.

The weapons for DM are lar,xbow and M14.But there are some problems.
Xbow is the heaviest and the most powerful sniper in KF,but heavy,like AWP in CS?AWP means doom in CS,but in nowadays KF a xbow shot can only rage the FP.Is that balanced??WTF is the use of sniper if the rifle is not powerful in single shot?
For the reason of balance,make the xbow in LV6 DM to insta-kill FP on solo HOE and at most 2 shot kill on 6 men HOE and reload of xbow extremely slow,note that ancient xbow shooters can hardly shoot more than 2 bolts in 1 minute...or just make another heavy sniper like the PTRS-41 or boys anti-material rifle(Although this is unlikely to be adopted...).

To LAR,it's just OK.No scope doesn't matter much since it's a cheap weapon...no one carry LAR on fierce battles.

To M14,the nowadays M14 are pretty balanced,but no scope??M14 with laser is horrible in engaging the far targets.A scope please!Leopard,ACOG,anything!Just a scope!How can we engage far targets without a scope??The laser can be removed since it's a totally failure on snipery weapons.
Also,I recommand increasing the M14 bodyshot damage to the same as SCARMK17,since both of them use 7.62*51 rounds...

The weapons for commando are SA80,AK47 and MK17.

To SA80,where comes the big mag of 40 rounds?The original mag size of SA80 is 30.No need to worry about the balance since the holographic sight is such an advantage in aiming.

To AK47,7.62*39 round is much more powerful than the gun's stats shows...call it an AK74 with 5.45*39 rounds.Just change the name.

To MK17,scope is the special attribute of SA80,change the special attribute to another one.(If you want scope,go use the SA80)
I recommand the lasersight for M14.The SCAR weapon module have got underbarrel lasersight.Just put a lasersight to the MK17.This will grant the MK17 special ability of fast trigger,which means that you can fire without aiming with great accuracy on emergency status.

On the first thing,I'll say some of my own thought on KF perks

For the reason of balance the perk with high fire rate weapons should have low damage per round,the perk with slow fire rate weapons with high damage per round.In this way their DPS are balanced.

DM should be equipped with low fire rate snipery weapons,but with MASSIVE damage.Excellent at engaging far targets,horrable at engaging near targets.

Commando should be equipped with high fire rate assault rifles with moderate damage.

Also,each weapon should have its unique attributes,such as the >>holographic<< sight on SA80.

The weapons for DM are lar,xbow and M14.But there are some problems.
Xbow is the heaviest and the most powerful sniper in KF,but heavy,like AWP in CS?AWP means doom in CS,but in nowadays KF a xbow shot can only rage the FP.Is that balanced??WTF is the use of sniper if the rifle is not powerful in single shot?
For the reason of balance,make the xbow in LV6 DM to insta-kill FP on solo HOE and at most 2 shot kill on 6 men HOE and reload of xbow extremely slow,note that ancient xbow shooters can hardly shoot more than 2 bolts in 1 minute...or just make another heavy sniper like the PTRS-41 or boys anti-material rifle(Although this is unlikely to be adopted...).

To LAR,it's just OK.No scope doesn't matter much since it's a cheap weapon...no one carry LAR on fierce battles.

To M14,the nowadays M14 are pretty balanced,but no scope??M14 with laser is horrible in engaging the far targets.A scope please!Leopard,>>>ACOG<<<,anything!Just a scope!How can we engage far targets without a scope??>>The laser can be removed since it's a totally failure on snipery weapons.<<<
Also,I recommand increasing the M14 >>bodyshot<< damage to the same as SCARMK17,since both of them use 7.62*51 rounds...

The weapons for commando are SA80,AK47 and MK17.

To SA80,where comes the big mag of 40 rounds?The original mag size of SA80 is 30.No need to worry about the balance since the >>holographic<< sight is such an advantage in aiming.

To AK47,7.62*39 round is much more powerful than the gun's stats shows...call it an AK74 with 5.45*39 rounds.Just change the name.

To MK17,scope is the special attribute of SA80,change the special attribute to another one.(If you want scope,go use the SA80)
I recommand the lasersight for M14.The SCAR weapon module have got underbarrel lasersight.Just put a lasersight to the MK17.This will grant the MK17 special ability of fast trigger,which means that you can fire without aiming with great accuracy on emergency status.

YOU SIR NEED HELP

modern-warfare-2_fail.JPG

Upvote 0
Just telling OP that he fails, isn't going to get him to change. Still, addressing everyone who does this is getting kind of old.

Fleshpounds are the biggest threat in the game. Allowing one player to easily handle it on their own in the hardest difficult is ridiculous. While the crossbow seems underpowered compared to how it was before, two bolts or a bolt and less than a mag of 9mm will kill an FP on solo HoE with lv6 Sharp.

Reducing fire rate would not make it balanced as it would trivialize the hardest enemies since a single Sharp could easily kill every FP and scrake while being guarded since there are so many perks that can wreck trash specimen.

LAR is very good and many players will carry it even on harder difficulties because of it's good burst damage and cheap price.

M14 could use better sights, but not a scope. The laser sight is garbage but you should need it after playing KF for a while and learning to fire from the hip. Damage is for game balance not realism.

Commando has good weapons and is balance. Herp derp realism.

Upvote 0
I agree with all of that except for Sharpshooter suddenly being referred to as DM. :p But, having a system like that in place would make the SS's role very crucial (and that would seem balanced), but it's role would be too narrow. Most (if not all) of the fun factor would be gone because (in the following examples, taking into account that SS's weaponry would be similar to the xbow, i.e. high damage, low fire rate, low ammunition, possibly expensive to maintain):

For waves 1-4, the only things you'd dare shoot are sirens and husks. The rest would be too difficult and/or too costly to manage.

Waves 5-10, your list of targets expands to include scrakes and fleshpounds. But understand that they, like sirens and husks, are relatively uncommon compared to the other specimen. So most the time you'll be idle, waiting and waiting. That's the, "This is not fun,"-part that has to be avoided.

Not to mention that each perk also has some degree of solo-ability, and stripping SS of this just wouldn't be acceptable.

For the reason of balance,make the xbow in LV6 DM to insta-kill FP on solo HOE and at most 2 shot kill on 6 men HOE and reload of xbow extremely slow

Four headshots may be too many, but two is too little. My opinion is that it should take either three to kill, or three to decap, on 6-man HoE.

I'd say the LAR is arguably one of the best weapons in the game, especially in the hands of a capable level 6 SS. For many perks that require a sidearm, I look no further than the LAR. Cheap to buy, cheap to maintain, great sights and great damage.

To M14,the nowadays M14 are pretty balanced,but no scope??M14 with laser is horrible in engaging the far targets.A scope please!Leopard,ACOG,anything!Just a scope!How can we engage far targets without a scope??The laser can be removed since it's a totally failure on snipery weapons.
Now, here's where I have conflicting thoughts. Sight-wise, let's compare the SCAR and the M14: the SCAR has a sight of some sort which quickens target acquisition. That's great for the Commando, whose role is crowd control. The M14's sights, on the other hand, are rather obstructive, which (depending on who you are) slows down this targeting process.

The M14's sights are a form of balancing. We don't want to give SSs the ability to pick things off left and right, as this would impede on the Commando's role. I believe that equipping the M14 with a scope would do just that. And while I agree that the sights are difficult to work with, I don't think adding a scope is the solution.

Also,I recommand increasing the M14 bodyshot damage to the same as SCARMK17,since both of them use 7.62*51 rounds...

Take care when citing realism. I'd rather not increase body-shot damage on the M14 because that would be a step towards making it spammable.

To SA80,where comes the big mag of 40 rounds?The original mag size of SA80 is 30.No need to worry about the balance since the holographic sight is such an advantage in aiming.

One of the bullpup's strengths is it's magazine capacity. As a level 6 Commando, the bullpup does 39 damage. Assuming we lower the magazine size to 30 but account for the Commando's bonus, it'd have 37 rounds total, the same as the AK-47. So 37x39=1443 damage in one magazine. The AK-47 does 67 damage per round, so 37x67=2479. A little over 1000 more damage in the AK-47's magazine, which far outweighs the bonus of the bullpup's scope. The bullpup would be obsolete, and technically a niche for "automatic weapon with low damage but large clip" opens up because the bullpup fulfills it terribly.

The AK-47 perfroms perfectly as-is in the Killing Floor world. I also think a name change would be unnecessary.

I believe there's nothing wrong with both weapons having a scope on them. Again, I understand what you're saying and the merit of the idea, but I think the weapons are fine as they are.

It also presents a functionality problem. Currently alt-fire on the SCAR switches between fire modes. Would the laser just be.. stuck on forever?

All-in-all, while KF seems to stick to some degree of realism, getting too specific is not good for the game.

Off topic, why are so many people using red to highlight their text? It makes it much, much harder to read.

Upvote 0
Also, there is no SA80 in the game. The Bullpup to which you are refering to is the L22A1.

Uh... yeah there is an SA80 ingame.

It's the L22A1, like you said. Though what you didn't mention was that SA80 is a family of weapons, with the L85s, L86s, L22s and variants included in this family.

fengruliuyun, it's Sharpshooter; abbreviated to SS, not Designated Marksman.

Why 40 rounds in the mag? I've seen 42 round mags for the AR15 mate.

You think that "Compound Crossbow" = "Ancient Crossbow".

Are you blind? 2rpm isn't realistic, considering the Xbow is pump-action. Have you not seen the reload animation?

no one carry LAR on fierce battles.
You obviously don't play any high difficulties then.

Upvote 0
To LAR,it's just OK.No scope doesn't matter much since it's a cheap weapon...no one carry LAR on fierce battles..

The thread as a whole was too mich to chew after donating blood, but this...this I must disagree with. The LAR is an underapreciated powerhouse. It's a weapon with incredible power, good accuracy, loadsa ammunition, and costs 200 quid. I personally carry this as a medic into very feirce battles on all difficulties, and can say that it can be used well in such instances. I mean, it can be used effectively by any perk on any specimen lower than a scrake. If your a sharpster, the LAR is powerful enough to stun scrakes.

Its a force to be reckoned with:cool:

That is all

Upvote 0
The thread as a whole was too mich to chew after donating blood, but this...this I must disagree with. The LAR is an underapreciated powerhouse. It's a weapon with incredible power, good accuracy, loadsa ammunition, and costs 200 quid. I personally carry this as a medic into very feirce battles on all difficulties, and can say that it can be used well in such instances. I mean, it can be used effectively by any perk on any specimen lower than a scrake. If your a sharpster, the LAR is powerful enough to stun scrakes.

Its a force to be reckoned with:cool:

That is all

I agree...what I mean is that the lar is just OK.

Upvote 0