• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server [ACM] Auto Change Maps 1.03 Mutator - Help w/ set-up

HeatSurge

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
K, so this ACM mutator (Auto Change Maps) is supposed to change the map to a random map from a list of predefined maps if the server becomes empty, if I'm understanding correctly, which is exactly what I want for my server.

I understand what I have to do to install it - I'm just having trouble with a couple of things.

First, it's made for UT, so if I put in:
MapSwitch[0]=KF-Farm
will it automatically understand that the map extension is .rom, and not whatever UT format it's expecting?

Also, what exactly do I put in:
MapGameClass[0]=
???

The readme is kinda vague on the class stuff. I suppose I should say that it's KFMod or something... but how do I do that?!

Also, I am using ServerAdsSE and would like that loaded (it says you have to specify other mutators in the MapGameClass entry?!?).

Can somebody give me an example of the two lines above with KF-Farm and ServerAdsSE enabled (ideally an example which they have tested and works, no guesses please)?

Thanks

Bump. If anyone has this mutator successfully working on their server or if somebody from Tripwire can help if the members can't, please do.

I don't run the map change mut but serverads is pretty simple to set up afaik. just follow the readme and add the lines to [Engine.GameEngine] and [UWeb.Webserver] for the web ui, I would ignore the [ServerAdsSE.ServerAdsSE] config part until you run it for the first time though, because it's missing some lines that get auto-generated and won't really work as expected until they do. then you can either go back into your ini to edit those manually while the server is down, or do it through the web ui. I would suggest to use the web ui after initial setup though, it's pretty stable in my experience where you can easily edit messages while the server is up, and they take effect immediately.

Upvote 0
bump, I dont understand why auto change maps was white listed if it doesn't even work with the game. 2 people take a look at it tried everything they knew of and all sorts of combinations that they thought wouldn't work anyways.

I say take it off the whitelist, this mod isn't for killing floor.

Upvote 0
bump, I dont understand why auto change maps was white listed if it doesn't even work with the game. 2 people take a look at it tried everything they knew of and all sorts of combinations that they thought wouldn't work anyways.

Nice bump, you know these are server mods are optional right?
So just because it's whitelisted doesn't mean you have to run it.

Anyway, this mutator looks pretty good, I'll be sure to give it a 'try' and post any findings into king's thread.

EDIT: Did anyone bother to pm the person that requested this be whitelisted at all and ask if it worked for them at all?
AutoChangeMaps v103
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Admin/AutoChangeMaps/&file=AutoChangeMaps103.zip

=============================================================
[ACM] Auto Change Maps
FOR : UT 436-440-451 Windows/Linux >DEDICATED< Servers
Version 1.03 January, 2006
By MSuLL
Original Idea by Cratos
NOTE: This modification's code is original and was NOT taken
from MapVote LA or any other modifications.

What is ACM ? :
================
ACM is a ServerActor which will make the server switch to a random
map from a pre-defined list of up to 64 maps. With these
64 enteries, you can specify:

The map (example: CTF-Coret)
The game class (example: Botpack.CTFGame)
The desired mutators (example: BDBMapvote304.BDBMapvote,Revenge.Revenge)

---Stixsmaster

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This mutator is still on the whitelist after the update.

Thanks for bumping and keeping this thread alive ShadowE989, you have no desire to use, or plan to use this mutator and seem to forget that mutators are optional.

Have a nice day.

PS: Signatures are public, if you don't want people commenting on them or seeing them please remove them.

EDIT: (Stop bumping this thread, you seem to enjoy doing this alot, Please refer to your initial post, the post that bumped a topic that had been dead for almost two months, for the sole reason of.
If somehow this was meant to be your way of adding something productive to this mutator/thread I think you are mistaken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol wtf are you stupid? I tired to use it and it didn't work! can't you ****ing read? I want to use this!! god... So if your not gonna help us then go to another thread and troll there. I never seen anyone with it working before. So if you dont know how to get it to work. GTFO.

why are you in the dedicated server support when you don't even run this stuff???

ok "have a nice day." lol!!

bump, I dont understand why auto change maps was white listed if it doesn't even work with the game. 2 people took a look at it tried everything they knew of and all sorts of combinations that they thought wouldn't work anyways.

Upvote 0