• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Put all and any suggestions here thread!

Garbage :(

My other idea is another zed that makes Commando's cloack detection more useful rather than some arbitrary thing because Stalkers are relatively harmless to all classes, even on higher difficulties. Perhaps a faster cloaked specimen that charges at you like a gorefast, but can grab you and do similar damage as the clot. Or just make stalkers harder to detect for non-Commandos.

Also, is it possible to have servers show which wave the game is currently on from the browser? I don't want to join anything past wave 3-4 because it wouldn't be very helpful for the team as a whole, especially on higher difficulties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
il make it fast:

• -auto-reload.
  • -ability to abort reload.
  • -a low-tier shotgun with a clip like the AA12
  • -(very radical) all classes get a slight armor upgrade per level (like 10% at rank 6, so zerker and medic still outshine)
  • -EMP grenades(lol, ByeBye raging FP)
  • -flashlights for other weapons / night vision goggles for sale at trader (old-fashioned green grain night vision, thermal/infra-red could spot stalkers... maybe for commando)
  • -pets
  • -leather, cloth and steel armor
  • -swords
  • -shields
  • -magician perk
  • -quests
  • -raid instances
  • -PVP option
  • -free roam mode
  • -massive game worlds
  • -multiple boss monsters
  • -special abilities / skills

Last edited:
Upvote 0
il make it fast:

• -auto-reload.
  • -ability to abort reload.
  • -a low-tier shotgun with a clip like the AA12
  • -(very radical) all classes get a slight armor upgrade per level (like 10% at rank 6, so zerker and medic still outshine)
  • -EMP grenades(lol, ByeBye raging FP)
  • -flashlights for other weapons / night vision goggles for sale at trader (old-fashioned green grain night vision, thermal/infra-red could spot stalkers... maybe for commando)
Ignoring the jokes, I'll give you my take on these.

Auto-reload: What? There already is auto-reload.
Aborting reloads: I'm gonna say no, in lieu of the fact that reloading tactically is part of the game. Mind that, you can interrupt reloads with the pump shotgun...
Low-tier AA12-clip-like shotgun: Generally if you want to submit a weapons idea you should submit an actual weapon that exists in the real world (not saying this doesn't; I have no idea) and for bonus points one that the British Army uses. That said, I don't think they're any real place for a shotgun of that kind, but that's just me.
Armour upgrade:I'll say no, in light of balancing issues and the fact that this only serves to make the game easier; the game is easy enough, and only requires competent players and teamwork to be beaten.
EMP grenades:Your use of them would have no benefits other than making FPs easier to kill. Which isn't actually beneficial to the game itself.
Flashlights:Flashlights on other weapons have been suggested a bunch of times, and I do see a lot of merit in giving more than 2 weapons flashlights; however, I don't believe they should be sold in the trader, even if only for the fact that they're useful only in a limited set of circumstances. Night-vision would be nigh-useless, and infra-red seems pointless given how easy stalkers are to kill and how it would make playing commando slightly less attractive. Even if it was commando-only, it would be useless, since a level 6 can see them from very far away anyway.

Upvote 0
let me clear things up a little.

[/LIST]
Ignoring the jokes, I'll give you my take on these.

Auto-reload: What? There already is auto-reload.
auto-reload as in, you start reloading after your clip hits 0 ammo, so you dont have to click your mouse 1 time extra.
Aborting reloads:
I'm gonna say no, in lieu of the fact that reloading tactically is part of the game. Mind that, you can interrupt reloads with the pump shotgun...
with the idea above this would be a must have, else reload would be a death trap, it would also make running away easier, because normally you would be trapped in a reload animation.
Low-tier AA12-clip-like shotgun:
Generally if you want to submit a weapons idea you should submit an actual weapon that exists in the real world (not saying this doesn't; I have no idea) and for bonus points one that the British Army uses. That said, I don't think they're any real place for a shotgun of that kind, but that's just me.
its not going to happen anyway, its more of a "wish", and its not worth making a new thread for.
Armour upgrade:
I'll say no, in light of balancing issues and the fact that this only serves to make the game easier; the game is easy enough, and only requires competent players and teamwork to be beaten.
i know, i know, i only posted this after feeling the difference of a lvl 5 medic armour and normal armour .. feel SO weak.. ('s why i but "radical" in front of it)
EMP grenades:
Your use of them would have no benefits other than making FPs easier to kill. Which isn't actually beneficial to the game itself.
the way EMP works is that it kills ALL electronics, meaning stalkers caught in the blast will lose invisibility, husks cant use their cannon, scrakes would loose their chainsaws, FP no more rage/drills.
Flashlights:
Flashlights on other weapons have been suggested a bunch of times, and I do see a lot of merit in giving more than 2 weapons flashlights; however, I don't believe they should be sold in the trader, even if only for the fact that they're useful only in a limited set of circumstances. Night-vision would be nigh-useless, and infra-red seems pointless given how easy stalkers are to kill and how it would make playing commando slightly less attractive. Even if it was commando-only, it would be useless, since a level 6 can see them from very far away anyway.
you misunderstood the part about the infra-red/thermal.
i meant that those are a no-no, BECAUSE they would show stalkers, but they might be an option for commando's

and ofc, they cant be used in all maps, but you aren't forced to buy them either, it would help allot in some maps (hospital horror, suburbia, farm, etc.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Double-posting, but for a good reason:

Franchi SPAS15:

Damage: 31x7 – Shotgun has 35x7; 4 less per pellet
Weight: 9 – Shotgun is 8, AA12 is 10
Ammo capacity: 6 shells per magazine, 9+1 mags, 60 shells total
Fire Rate: Semi Auto only- differentiated from the AA12 by lower mag size and less sustained fire; for quick follow-up shots, not spamming away.
Reload Speed: 2.62secs
Spread: 1450 loose choke, 750 tight choke
Alt-Fire: toggle choke – tight for range, loose for CQB
Headshot Bonus: 1.65
Maximum Penetrations: 2
Penetration Damage Reduction: *0.55
Price:

Last edited:
Reactions: blackfire
Upvote 0
Mental idea; another Medic one.

How about a Medic "Tagger"?

Kind of like, a dart gun, but it shoots remote darts.
So you'd use left click to shoot the dart into a teammate and whenever you want to heal that specific teammate, you switch to the dart gun and alt-fire. Reload will reload it with a new dart and sever any link with the previous one.

This way, a medic can tag a beserker(for example) and continue healing the rest of the team as normal. When the Beserker runs away or gets trapped, Medic can pull out the tagger and repeatedly heal the tagged player(though with a recharge rate to match Syringe or lower).

Think of it like a remote healing mine that can recharge and is triggered by the Medic, though only one active per Medic at a time. Farfetched, but I think it could be pulled off as an experimental piece of equipment.

Didn't think this idea deserved a whole thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Mental idea; another Medic one.

How about a Medic "Tagger"?

Kind of like, a dart gun, but it shoots remote darts.
So you'd use left click to shoot the dart into a teammate and whenever you want to heal that specific teammate, you switch to the dart gun and alt-fire. Reload will reload it with a new dart and sever any link with the previous one.

This way, a medic can tag a beserker(for example) and continue healing the rest of the team as normal. When the Beserker runs away or gets trapped, Medic can pull out the tagger and repeatedly heal the tagged player(though with a recharge rate to match Syringe or lower).

Think of it like a remote healing mine that can recharge and is triggered by the Medic, though only one active per Medic at a time. Farfetched, but I think it could be pulled off as an experimental piece of equipment.

Didn't think this idea deserved a whole thread.
This a great and unique idea! And, imo, it DOES deserve a new thread :cool:

Any opinions on the SPAS 15 as i wrote it? :confused:
I like it :)

Upvote 0
Any opinions on the SPAS 15 as i wrote it? :confused:

yes, yes i do, this is exactly what i was looking for.

- semi-auto
- not to expensive
- balanced in lower ammo p clip (somewhat slow reload)
- slightly better range (if toggled)
not sure what the max penetration becomes with the support perk, but its 3-4 i guess?

only problem i see is that it might out-shine the normal shotty

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, yes i do, this is exactly what i was looking for.

- semi-auto
- not to expensive
- balanced in lower ammo p clip (somewhat slow reload)
- slightly better range (if toggled)
not sure what the max penetration becomes with the support perk, but its 3-4 i guess?

only problem i see is that it might out-shine the normal shotty

Per shot the Shotgun would outshine the SPAS 15 in terms of damage.

I'm not able to recall the table off the top of my head, but i'm sure the Shotgun is better than it in a number of things; not the least being interruptable reloads.

Upvote 0
yea, the total dmg output is (a lot) lower

6X31X7 = 1302 dmg (+support class bonus) for spas15
8X35X7 = 1960 dmg (+support class bonus) for shotty

its quite a difference, but people might still like the fast shot ability and spike damage more.(faster shot correction, more DPS)
would have to compare the reload speeds of shotty and spas15 and possibly the re-fire delay.
(even though the recoil of the spas15 might make emergency spam a little hard, its still plausible)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yea, the total dmg output is (a lot) lower

6X31X7 = 1302 dmg (+support class bonus) for spas15
8X35X7 = 1960 dmg (+support class bonus) for shotty

its quite a difference, but people might still like the fast shot ability and spike damage more.(faster shot correction, more DPS)
would have to compare the reload speeds of shotty and spas15 and possibly the re-fire delay.
(even though the recoil of the spas15 might make emergency spam a little hard, its still plausible)

On top of that i'd add that spammers tend to shoot until they reload, so after 6 shots they'd be in trouble with everything coming their way.

Upvote 0