• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

character is so small isnt it?

Welcome to video games.

The problem with real life dimensions is they do not look correct through a first person screen perspective that FPS games use. Railings and walls at realistic heights look too low and doors, stairs, and windows look too small.

I really wish this wasn't the case but it is, and it's a nightmare to solve... you basically have to trade off. Do you want a playable area with space to move that is much larger than real life or do you want a cramped space which is frustrating to navigate which has realistic dimensions?

THIS: IT ONLY LOOKS SMALL IN THIRD PERSON, but in first person it looks fine. I say leave it as it is. Not a big deal.

Upvote 0
Mind blown.

I'll never be able to unsee this.

Player models are supposed to be 5'9.

Which means that the enviroments are too big. Not the characters being too small. If one were to scale down enviroments futher to compensate it would most likely create tons of new problems, especially cover.

One week from release with numerous other things to take care of I very much doubt we'll see anything done about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
funny-pictures-scared-cat-naked-guy.jpg

I wish I hadn't looked at this thread :<

Upvote 0